www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I could use a prayer from my friends.
My older brother overdosed on anti-depressants on Sunday. He is out of ICU now but it was scary for awhile, stopped breathing a couple times, couldn't stop the seizures even with meds. He is still in guarded condition and will be for a few more days, then off to the behavior ward at the VA hospital. We have the same mother but different fathers and we lost mom two years ago, and he lost his dad one year ago on the day he OD'd. In addition to being out of work, he has alot on his plate, and now this.
So, I'm asking for my friends to addhim to your prayers if you would.
Thank you and may God bless each and every one of you.

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

A little update since this morning, the hospital is saying they can't hold him and I'm not sure they will transfer him to the VA. He is still talking about suicide, next time with a gun or somewhere where no one will find him untill it's too late.
If anyone has gone through anything like this, I sure could use some advise in dealing with him. I'm not sure which approach to take, he has two daughters and that doesn't even seem to matter. I know that whichever outcome it will be God's will, but...
Dave, you can always call the police or sheriff's dept. and tell them what's going on. They can possibly have him admitted to a mental health facility, the very least they can do his lock him up for a while. Most law enforcement agencies have ways of helping or can refer you to the proper people. He may be mad at you for calling them, but it's better than the alternative. We're dealing with a similar situation.

You can also see if there is a crisis or suicide hot line in your area, they should be able to help.
We'll be Praying for you.
thanks Greg, someone said something that finally hit home, as of today he has agreed to go to the Va hospital and seek treatment
hopefully, the doctors there will help and not just let him walk out when he says he's ready
this is one of those life changing moments and I pray that his life does change and he is able to make that change
it's hard because he is in Indiana while my younger brother and I are both in Texas
The distance really makes it hard. But, Praise God he seems to be making some progress.
I just lost a bother in the lord who accidently overdosed on anti-depressants, let us know how he is doing.I'll be praying for him
thanks for your prayers Jack and my sincere condolences on your loss
Jack...so sorry for your loss but Praise the Lord, he is with his Jesus now.

Dave, we will continue to pray for your brother. Keep us updated, please.
just a quick update, he seems to be doing better, I believe he might have had a revalation during recessatation but either way he has put together a plan to get back to where he needs to be, and sounds much better
thanks be to the glory of God
That's awesome news!!!!
Hey Dave....great news! We will still continue praying that Satan doesn't get his claws back in. Like the scripture says he is like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Hey i know its 2009 and this was last year but i am new to the club and just got done reading this and i was wondering what the update was on ur brother? I know exaclty what you are going through. My yr older brother made several attempts to kill himself after our older brother died in 2005. he is now AWOL living in cali not staying in touch with his little sister. I also lost a really close friend in july of 08 my a psycho fucker. pardon my language but a lot of our friends are furious about it. the guy is going to a mental hospital and be evaluated every yr to see if he can be released back into society. they claim he magically became skitzo over nite.

So anyone who reads this plz pray for my brother steven and the McLean family.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968