www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I will witness.
Years ago I contemplated the taking of my own life do to what I foresaw as tragedy, as I felt the loss of my home, family, marriage, all of my worldly possessions, lawd yes. Now, years later, I realize our Lord won't take us anywhere that he cannot carry us past. But, in my moment of desperation, and on that threshold of death, Jesus came to me, with His glory, and staved the ill will I'd have for myself. Some will call it an outer-body experience, call it what you may, for in that presence of light, I knew a warmth and love having never felt before. All of my questions were answered and I mean to my soul with benefit of doubt, and I'd never have to question them again. When my soul again joined my humanly existance, I was in total shock, for I had no explanation. I thought this is what it's like to lose your ever lovin mind, but in the days that followed, God sent another angel to me in the clothes of a common man, and he knew things, and I'd soon as leave it at that, but there was no mistake.
Now, many years later, the memory fresh, I still have trouble dealing with it, but I will never fear death again, having been ambraced by that magnificant light and His presence. There's more to tell, and if you'd have me tell it one on one I would surely do so, for I know my God.
I am sure there are men that would not know I could bare this kind of witness, that I drink too much, or I cuss too much, but make no mistake, I will weep at His feet and beg His forgiveness when that time comes, for I am not a hipocrite.
Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
RIP Eric B, Biff, and Father Dave

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

That's an awesome Testimony!
Not many people get that second chance, God definetly has a plan for you. God knows how much we can handle and he took you to the edge, but brought you back with a gift, your testimony.

I hope that your witness will touch every body that reads it, it touched me! Share it with all you can!
I'd love to hear more about your experience sometime.
I had a kinda similar experience, I was riding my motorcyle and was inches from ending up in a body bag , twice within about a 2 second time span. I should have been killed, at first I thought I was the greatest motorcycle rider in the world.
When I was able to turn around and go back to the accident scene I realized God had protected me, eventhough I was not living a Christian life. I realized at that point God had a plan for me.
Long story short, nobody at the scene ever saw me, Strange seeing how it was rush-hour with about 20 witnesses. Does God still work miracles?YES he does!
I find it amazing the people God will send to each of us. Here's an example of what I mean, a person could bear witness to a thousand people and only a hundred may be ready to hear, and yet, still fewer are able to fully comprehend, and yet He always sends the right ones to us.
The man sent to me after my experience first asked me "if i knew why I was there"? Meaning the place I was at the time, normally I would have left but that day I got something to drink and sat down by him, which I had never done before and didn't know why I did then. I said no, and laughed a little, to which he said I was sent and so was he. Then he asked me "if I had ever been dead"? I laughed again and said not that I knew of. He told me he had and then we proceeded to speak of life and death and alot of the things in between. It became increasingly clear the longer we talked that he most certainly knew alot more than the strange person I thought he was before. Mostly about what had happened a few days earlier, and the reason, as I understand it, was because I thought the old gears were slipping on me. For the rest of my life, I now know that my impending death will be God's will, and not mine.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968