www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was reading over the description of the Pig and it might fill a gap in my bag.

I've got my Gator for longer over-stable shots and my Buzzz for longer turn overs. For shorter shots I use my Magic when I need it to go straight or anny a bit but, I have a devil of a time getting a gentle stable fade at short distance. It either ends up waaaaaay to short or too long.

Probably just be a technique issue I have to hammer out but, anyway as the title asks,

Anyone throw the Pig?

Thoughts?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

I had a PIG for awhile and it mysteriously disappeared? I did toss it quite a bit and found it to be ridiculously overstable. When playing courses with dirt around the baskets the PIG would dive in and stick like a 'sac-o sand". The one I had was Star Plastic. I would get another one if it were Champion Plastic.
Hadn't thought of that. I used to use my gator for midrange S shots. I wanna go try it now. :)

BTW I got a truly epic bird with my Pig today. It's quickly earning it spot in the bag.

dirtysep said:
I keep my orange pro pig in the bag at all times. I love this disc for it's over stability. I like throwing this thing really hard with tons of anhyzer and just watching it stubbornly fight it's way back. I've had a lot of fun with it and would recommend giving it a try.
My friend uses his as a midrange, and sometimes as a side arm driver. It always astonishes me how well it flies and always leaves me saying "when Pigs fly"!
Coming back o this thread after throwing my pig for months and its definitely my go to mid range and windy day putter. GO PIG
I have had a pig since it came out a year and a half ago. It is always in my bag. It is very broken in but still overstable. It is my main putter under 30 ft. It is very controllable and great in the wind. I will occasionally use it for an upshot or midrange throw, but I like my champ gator better for that. I keep trying other putters, but always go back to the pig as the old standby.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968