www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so i picked up a DGA rogue at the IDGC this past weekend. was the last one and it was hidden on one of the discs-for-sale display walls. i'd heard positive feedback from a few about what a sleeper disc it was, and since it was the last one there (and a funky mellow purple color, to boot!) i snagged it. the rogues had a reserved
area in the innova section and the label in the front had something like "DGA", Rogue, innova golf discs. no innova/champion branding on the bottom at all. as i recall, it's a smooth surface (disc in car). what's the relationship between DGA discs and innova? i throw innova exclusively, so i need the warm-and-fuzzies there's a connection. thanks.

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

I will check into it more, but I assume DGA discs are made at INNOVA factories - For the simple fact that DGA only designs a few discs, and limited production runs
wrong I am sorry to tell you. All DGA disc are made by Discraft, as well as Discraft basket are made by DGA. This info I was given directly from DGA themselves, I also sell Discraft, DGA, Innova product.
thanks for the info
Innova discs were changed by DGA. They were in the factored series. I dont think they are direclty DGA discs, but were changed after production for various reasons. I could be wrong, but am pretty sure Ive seen ( or own, somewhere ) discs that say "DGA Factor 1" or whaterver number they were, but they werent made directly for DGA by Innova. These were Stingrays, though Ive heard about Aviars, Rocs and Whippetts. Maybe someothers. Vipers.
dga did indeed offer a "factored" line of innova in the early 90's ('92-'93 i think). the main difference, if i remember correctly, was the lower edge of the rim was shaved just a hair to decrease stability. i had a couple of factored vipers but stayed with the factory innova product.
the dga rogues of today seem a very popular, versatile driver and upshot disc.
i'll chunk mine next time i hit a big field and provide some impressions
thanks for dope..
Whatever the genesis of the Rogue, I have one of these and I absolutely LOVE it.
I also picked up a Gateway Assassin, and these two are almost twins, flight-wise.
did someone say Destroyer ?????
I didn't say it, but I will: "DESTROYER!!"
I would like to try one of these someday, but I don't think I have the arm to turn one over... yet. I have been told I have an fairly hot snap for almost no run-up or big wind-up... I can barely get the Rogue or the Assassin to turn over more times than not. Not having had a Destroyer in my hands, I would guess that the wing is going to be pretty wide for my hand.
I could be wrong, but I think that in modern times, the DGA and Discraft collaborate on discs and baskets, different products heading in different directions. Don't know the details. Do love the Rogue, especially the first run.

I just ordered 9 "factored" Stingrays from the DGA (3 each, 3s, 4s, and 5s), and until I saw this thread, thought nothing of the inherent strangeness in that, given that Stingrays are Innova -produced.

Don't know about other discs being "factored," but the DGA Stingrays have the Santa Cruz stamp on them and the DGA shaves off the bead at different degrees: Factor 3, Factor 4, and Factor 5. A Factor 5, even for a soft-arm like me, I can throw like a regular drive and it flips over and becomes a very nice roller. And they are all PDGA-legal.

Wonderful backhand roller discs.
Yeah, Innova doesnt partner with DGA. Discraft has a partnership with them but Innova DOES have partnership with DiscMania and Millennium....Innova is stamped on the bottoms of both of their discs...and it's the same type of plastic...
well, I can give you guys the inside on Millennium because I used to be part of their team...
Millennium is owned by Harold Duvall and John Houck.
Harold runs the eastcoast for Innova(Dave Dunipace the west).

Discmania is owned by Jussi Meeresma.He is also the Captain for Team Innova International.
So he started his own business with the help of Innova
Oh, btw, Jussi is also the TD for that tournament in Tampere,Finland.
Kinda like our European USDGC....

Nice course and probably the coolest tournament in Europe!
You guys should come and check it out......

Arthur Haverkamp, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Good snag on the DGA Rogue!
I just love that disc, and I get some of my best throws with it.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968