www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i have been dieing to come out and play jingles but, getting up early on sunday is no fun. But having had described some of the rules i would love to see them in print somewhere. so if i come out i will have a basic idea of what the rules are.

where are the rest of the regular jinglers. not to many of them joined here yet.
thanks

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

Basically jingles is a pointless game that is fall down fun. It is a mob golf game, and we will usually play doubles if there are more than 8 of us. there are 5 basic jingles that can be taken on every hole, and lots of other rules that can add to the basic 5. The base 5 are : ctp in fairway, first to hit metal, first in the basket, deuce, and skin. some other rules are : hit three trees get a jingle, hit four trees get 2 jingles, etc.. The hits must be seen or heard by the others in the group. If you hit a tree, and then the basket for first metal, you double your basket jingles. Once you start accumulating your jingles, you must beware of the number 13. If you end a hole with a total of 13 jingles, you go back to 0 jingles, and carry the 13 jingles in the bank. Next time you hit 13 jingles again, you reappear at 26 jingles. However, if you jump past 13, you must then try and hit 26 jingles to get the 13 jingles in the bank, and then reappear at 39 jingles. There are times when you must make the decision to miss a putt if you dont want to go back to 0 jingles. If you get all 5 jingles on the hole, you have the option of sharing your jingles with the other teams. This is where it becomes an evil game! lets say two teams are at 12 jingles, and one team is at 11 jingles, along with you. You make the call to share jingles, give the teams at 12 one each, and the team at 11 two, thus sending all three teams back to zero, while your net total for the hole would be 5-4=1, and you go to 12, and the other teams are at zero. There are quite a few other rules, hotshot is longest putt- 1 jingle plus a mulligan(can't use the mully if you are leading), COD is closest to the pin on the drive, must be measured and is for the hole round; 1 jingle. Metal off the teepad is worth 3 jingles, plus the 1 jingle for first metal. If you get more than 10 jingles ahead of the pack, you go to New Jersey, where you must throw two drives, and take the worst shot. Many other rules can be applied,but this is basically the short list. Hope people will try it out. We have a lot of fun on our sunday morning rounds, it is our church of jingles. Good luck, and keep those discs in the air!!
Thanks brian whenever mark Piotrowski and i play together we sort of do the jingles but he cleans up on me.
love the game preferably in doubles as i am a short armed throwing

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968