www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Sup Scott, any idea when KTS is? I'm a lot closer to Aspen this year, so I'd like to make this if possible.
Thanks.
Fritz

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

After a long discussion with Harvey and Bill we have decided to not hold KTS this coming year for a few reasons.
1. Snowmass is planning a large event this year and we felt it would be in the best interest to support that event. A few reasons for this…but one of them is to show Aspen Ski Co. that KTS is a valuable asset and that maybe if they see Snowmass tournament take off they will be a little more receptive to us. Over that past few years it seems like we are more of an imposition that not…And yes we are to a point and last year notwithstanding with the 4x4 accident etc. So we felt a break is needed to heal some of the relationships etc.
2. We have noticed that our attendance is waning these past few years and we needed some time to get things back to the way they were when the Tournament began. Ideally we would like to make it an A Tier with some good money added and to get some of the big names out…maybe even make it an Invitation only? We really are open to ideas and suggestions. But we just felt we needed to get it back to its roots and make it a novelty again!
Believe me it has been tough to swallow this reality and I have worked really hard to try and get this course up and to keep it running..so maybe a break for this year will be in the best interest for all parties..The course will be open per usual..so not having the KTS will not effect that..
THOUHGTS??
Wow ... that is big news for some of us. Sorry to hear KTS will not be happening. But on the flip side, hopefully this will help the Snowmassive open get off to a great start. I hope I'm healed enough and recovered before this event. I plan to play it if all goes well.

As far as KTS and Aspen Mountain disc golf goes ... let me know if I can be of any assistance.
What a shame this isn't going to be happening. I was really looking forward to getting to go this year, since I'm a lot closer to Aspen now then I was before.
I'd definitely stay away from an invite only, this would exclude a lot of Colorado Players. Pros want to play the mountain courses, so I think advertising this event more would bring them in. We just need to figure out how to get more money into the event.
That's a shame that Aspen has been acting that way towards the tournament. They will see how it will hurt them once they see Snowmass benefit from it.
Powerhorn Ski Area also has a new course as well, US Western Slopers might be planning an event up there.
I'll see if anyone in our club has any ideas on how we get get a bigger draw to a KTS event.
I know Vail is extremely popular.
Hey Scott, yeah I was bummed when Bill told me no Aspen this year... though I certainly understand the reasons... In particular, I think the whole situation with the transportation and the extreme holes needs to be solved, because it just isn't the same without playing all of those. There are few feelings in this sport that compare to knowing you have a good round going... but have to hold onto it through those extreme holes! I remember you and TJ fighting for the win through them that one year... they are always epic!

One thing for the future that I think would be awesome to bring back.... I don't know if you remember but one year we did a "Peak to Peak" series centered around KTS. It was four seperate, sanctioned events all on mountain-top courses in the same week. It was a point series with prizes at the end. I think we used Aspen, Snowmass, Vail, and Beaver Creek. I think it would be sweet to do something like that again someday. This new tournament at Snowmass could be on back to back weekends with KTS, and then a couple others could be thrown inbetween them... It seems like that could draw some out-of-state players if it was done right. Anyway, something to keep in mind for the future.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968