www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one is harder?

I played both courses today for the first time ever. I felt like the Lakeside course presented a lot more challanges than the Back 18, but my scores on were higher on the back 18. I was thinking it could have something to do with the fact that La Mirada was the 5th course we played in a 3 day span. How do your scores usually compare between the two courses?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I always feel like the back plays easier, it fits my game better, and really is the easy side but like you, I always have a higher score on the back. I think it is because the back has a few holes like the back by the road and especially the one around the ballfield where the chance for doubles are high, I am always in the parking lot. On the front even a bad hole is usually just a bogey. I usually have a 3-5 stroke difference. Go Figure!!! Its golf!!!
The Backside is definitely the easier of the two. I have witnessed many rounds -9 or less back there. Now that you have played it and know the danger it will be easier to avoid the extra strokes that can be found there. The front 9 on the Lakeside is easy but the back 9 is where you gotta not give up strokes.
Noah said:
The Backside is definitely the easier of the two. I have witnessed many rounds -9 or less back there. Now that you have played it and know the danger it will be easier to avoid the extra strokes that can be found there. The front 9 on the Lakeside is easy but the back 9 is where you gotta not give up strokes.
Don't give up strokes, my constant battle. Specifically hole 15, the one that winds behind the ballfield on the left and slopes into the parking lot on the right. I am all forehand, backhand is aweful. I throw a good forehand but on that hole I have no answer. Layup and have too much work on the upshot. Not enough room on left. All my attemps to fade a shot near the pole end up lipping OB. Just one of those holes for me. Always a mistake somewhere derails me back there. Love La Mirada so I will always keep working on it, try to captialize more on the other holes and do my best on that hole.
Just for reference hole 15 is considered a par four.

If that helps.
Noah said:

If that helps.
Thats interesting. When I went with my wife we played everything as a par 3. What other holes are par 4's? And is that listed somewhere? The map we had had no par listings.
Godfather said:
Noah said:

If that helps.
Thats interesting. When I went with my wife we played everything as a par 3. What other holes are par 4's? And is that listed somewhere? The map we had had no par listings.
Using the regular backside 18 setup obviously hole 15 as discussed but also hole 7 I believe, the one that runs alongside the row of houses with the drainage on the right to start, that is also a par 4.
Hole 7 is a par four only at the longest setting. Right now it is short and reachable thus making it a par 3 till it gets moved again.
Damn putting those short!

Eldo had there long hole short last week when we played there too. I am trying to show my friends some long holes. Oh well. There are still enough challenges there to make my friends cry, so I'm still looking forward to it.
It might be because I'm not as good a player as these other guys, but I find the back to be harder. It seems to me like the short shots are deceptively technical and the long shots are really long (when setup that way). When I started playing the back, I had a really tough time on 15, getting around the baseball field. Then one day I watched Super throw it straight at the basket - over the fence, back over the fence, under the tree, and when we got there we found it parked. I could never do a throw like that in a million years, so for me, my scores are always higher on the back!
the back course usually scores higher, simply because its longer. It has two par four holes and IF played with all the mandys and OBs its a great course to test your skills.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968