www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I liked this disc right outta the box when I got one a while back.  And now that they have made them in lower weights, I like 'em even better.  Like an eagle-teebird hybrid with more speed.

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

I hear ya. It's an awesome disc. One of the few discs I can hyzer flip. For me, it's one of the coolest throws to watch. The thing is. It's one of those damn tweener discs. For me, it's longer than my Teebird, but shorter than my Valk. I just couldn't find a spot in my bag for it. Go figure! Why would I need a nice controlable disc in my bag! lol!
I agree with the tweener label...a little too fast to be fairway, not quite fast enough to be distance. But, I love putting it up high on an anhyzer line and watching it turn over on a huge s before coming back to the middle. The opto plastic just feels great in the hand, and looks great soaring around/over trees.
They are finally releasing lighter and lighter versions:
I got a 160 opto last week but haven't had a chance to test it yet
And 164-169s are getting easier to find now too.

Also: new runs are generally domier (tho my new 160 is pancake flat)

Picked up a 174 Opto Brown Sparkly Turd today. Feels great in my hand, threw it a few time in some open field practice. I like the speed on it, kinda Teebird like, but a tick faster. It has enough stability that I don't have to be afraid it's going to flip. Taking it to the course for a few rounds tomorrow.

Played 2 rounds at La Mirada today, no wind, overcast, dry grass....great day for some DG. I used the new Striker on about 8 shots during the round. It is very similar to the River and the Flow in that it holds a nice floating low line. It is more stable than the River and litlle bit longer. The Flow just blows past it, but there is much more distance potential in the Flow. I held a nicer hi apex line than the Flow does though. It has a nice big ship at the end on either a high or low line.

Heres the kicker, I didn't think it was stable enough, but it is a nice thumber disc. The width of the rim is just right. It is a bit of a slow turner in the air, but was completely predictable and long.

The Brown Sparkle Turd Striker was way too hard to see on the ground. So, El Kabong made a suggestion and stopped by with a little something help polish up the turd. Here is the results:

what was the little something? that disc looked great before, but it looks like a precious gem now!
Old formula rit scarlet in 130 degree water
Bonger, you are way too good to me man. I can't stop looking at this dang thing, I carry it around like a 5 year with a teddy bear.
$1.60 box of Rit.  I can do that.....
I have a gl striker that is flat with a high plh and man oh man that sucker is stable. My opto is dead nuts straight with a clean flat release replaces my echo star tbird and the stable one is very ce firebird like

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968