www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For me this disc is a perplexer.  In calm conditions it's the Fuse- does anything you ask w tons o' glide.  In the wind it's the conFuse:  But that's probably my fault (bad form etc...)

Views: 66

Replies to This Discussion

@ Nichols

LOL

You should throw more before you post!

Lol. Yes, I am sure your right. :)
In your defense though, it is a finesse disc that requires some work to recognize the situations/lines that it best fits.

I will totally agree to that. Throwing the Fuse in a field, I thought what the hell? I had a hard time visualizing using a disc that turned over So Much. But, out on the course, it ended up being the most accurate disc of the day. Helped me with some Anny holes I struggle with, and because of all the field practice, I knew where I could put it. It will stay in the bag. :)

Maybe another thought on the Fuse since I have put in more than twenty rounds with it by now. El K makes a great point in that this is really a finesse disc, or more that it really shines as a finesse disc. It can be pounded for all the distance you can get out of it, but you might not like the line you have to take to achieve that.

Much like the River (another misunderstood mold at times) you are so thankfully at the mercy of what this disc has to offer. A throw of about 70% to 20% is going to turnover when thrown flat. Any anhyzer applied means the disc isn't going to fade back on you without some real height on it. The turnover line is smooth, true, and can be gauged by how hard you throw it, and your arm remembers because it loves to throw this disc. On higher power shots, a nice hyzer flip, and the disc is forgiving, it will flip up and run straight.

For me, the Fuse has bridged that gap between my putter and my Roc. It also feels so familiar that I am starting to pull my Pain from the bag more often and I'm working to close the gap between the River and my Rocs.

Well, the Fuse got on the board yesterday with it's first ace. Played a nice round at El Dorado and shot 2 under par. The 13th hole is in an up right side position, the sign says 297', but looked more like 250 from the raised tee. Trees line the right protecting the basket; would usually bring the Pain in around the trees from the right and putt from the backside. I threw a forehand at it last weekend, but overshot the hole by 40'. I let the Fuse go at it on a turnover shot burning right all the way. It crashed the chain so hard I just stood there dumb founded cuz it happened so quick. Felt great to get back on the board with an ace.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968