www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It can be a "good story" but not a "fish tale". Honesty is the best policy!

Tags: distance, drive, driver, long

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

515' on flat ground with a Pro Destroyer173g, in an open park measured with my rolling wheel. At sea level,I do this once a week to distinguish my specific flight patterns of my discs.
Hi,

My best drive is 566.6 feet and my average drive is about 450 feet, but at the worlds I get a 698' with a downhill shot :)

P.S.: I'm fourteen :D
I through a legit 500'+ drive. About 75' past El Do #15 in the long position (Sea Level and Flat). Total Fluke.

Definately thrown alot farther on good downhill shots (with favorable wind conditions). Had a 600'+ crush on Maple Hill Blue #1 over the lake (50' Drop and 550' or so to clear the lake, Best hole in the world, definately go to New England for that hole alone). And plenty of HUGE shots at some of the Stafford Lake downhill holes 600'+. I also had a similar drive as BIG D had at Wrightwood #20. At least 1000' and never to be seen again.
My longest drive ever was measured at 203 meters or 666feet THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!! The actual disc was about 150 feet past the flag they marked my shot with. I started at my flag and took 52 large steps to my disc. It was crazy far when I looked back to the teeing area. I wish they did Big D every year. Peace

Andrew Rich
Let me retract that, 525 max.

CBass said:
525'-560'. Not for sure since all I've been able to measure with is my stride, which is fairly accurate when walking a football field, but take away the lines and....who knows I guess. People that have witnessed would agree to the distances for the most part.
my best measured was at the lodge in pawhuska out to 485 with a star wraith on a hyzer flip straight line.
that got beat by two gentlemen in a distance throw showcase.
a fellow from arkansas and a local thrower andrew treat.
i try to feild throw at least three times a week to stay in tune with the plastic in my bag as well as introducing new molds to the bag as i still have not reduced my bag to just a few molds.
i have thrown an un measured roadrunner long past any other disc in my possesion but havnt been able to duplicate that throw on a course it was exceptionaly left and high then flipped nicely to a glide right that stayed up well past the tree line without hitting anything until resting at the fence 100 ft farther than the tree line.
I don't know the distance but I threw a wasp with a little ani down a mountain and watched it sail ani for a long time before it finally started its hyzer and then flew just as long as the ani, it was ba. At sun valley hole 5 overthrow by 40ft under the tree on the next tee pad.
The day (Friday) before my first pro event. From flat ground, 567 feet with a Cyclone in 1998. Hole 12 @ Veteran's Park is 557 feet long in a wide open field. I aired my white Cylcone ~10 feet past the basket. Had the perfect right handed/back hand 15mph (tail) wind coming over my left shoulder. Witnessed by many, including Climo....who then called me a bagger since i had just played the advanced weekend VPO the week before. I ended up finding the cash (10th) place in my first ever pro event...which was a SuperTour (VPO).

I cant achieve that distance anymore. It's a BOMB if i throw 480 now. Getting old sucks. :-)
450'S ON FLAT GROUND.... TROWING FROM MOUNTAIN TOPS SHOULD BE OMMITED FROM A DISCUSSION LIKE THIS
I don't usually measure how far I throw. But if I had to guess, the farthest I've thrown is about 500 feet. ABOUT. Don't freak out. Sorry to bring this up Jason, but I threw about 650 with a drop of about 15-20 feet. Here's a little secret, don't tell anybody else. TeeRexes fly farther than Bosses. For anybody who knows about Emerald Isle, I almost reached the green on hole 7 with my Teerex and the Boss I threw right before that was about 15 feet short of it. Sorry Jason, another downhill story.
My longest drive is around 325, but that's in Oregon where it seems harder to get distance with the moist air and low altitude.
___Tab
420 ft , precisley 10 feet further then a 410 ft placement , i think it was a blue champion Valk 172g, my first ace disc...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968