www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

It can be a "good story" but not a "fish tale". Honesty is the best policy!

Tags: distance, drive, driver, long

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

About 470'. Landed a 170g Double-D even with the basket but about 100' to the left of it. (Dexter, Oregon - Hole 1) Was a downhill shot though.
Longest was somewhere around 510-520 ft. with a 153g. Double D at Zoo Town Open...I was hitting 400-420 ft park jobs at Continental Classic...I avg around 400 ft. on my drives...flat land...and of course like others much bigger downhill. 2007 Continental Classic...downhill...missed winning long drive by a few feet...ended up around 700 ft. with a 168g. Diablo DT was not a mountain shot though....lol.
Sidewinder-150class, approximate 380ft.

In "being honest", it might take a longer breath to explain. So, i drove for a couple of hours today after joining this group. On about 7 throws out of about 150+, i felt an unusual feeling, "snap". it was an Audible snap, much like a muzzled firecracker, as if it went off under water. Those hit 315-320. I know because the sign says 320, and it appeared to be just a bit past a football field. However, on 1 throw today, i about pee'd in my pants. I was just throwing disc after disc, not looking at the type, and at first thought i shanked it. But i realized that it was a Sidewinder in the air, because it's my only white disc. It was magnificent. For someone who has never ever thrown past 320, this is an estimate, but traveled in the range of 375-400ft if you count its Anhyzer flight path. If you only consider point a to b, probably about 320. It soared a bit right, but mostly straight for about 250 ft, then hooked right for a long glide until it came to rest. Although, i had a strong crosswind from left to right, so this may have impacted it more than my throw. All i know is that it was defintely my furthest drive to date, and the Snap was Clear as day, and it felt right for once. i remember my balance at the end and my follow-thru being so much like what i've seen in videos, with all my weight on my right leg as my left dragged and came to rest. im so jealous of all of you that make 400ft sound like a long putt.
300 ft.....i'm pathetic, i need some professional help big time, i live in holland mi. somebody come help me out this summer
Longest throw was on the field at 400' even with an SL. I'm usually in the 340-360 range but I can do that with any of my drivers.
Not counting shots that are on a hill or shots that have the added impact of a strong wind my forehand can typically go about 375'-400' while my wimpier backhand is good for about 325'-350'. So my longest drive I have punched out is probably around 425' to 450' on the high side, but who's counting, right?
my longest drive was about 420' but it was thrown into the wind. landed me about 10' from the pin
513', on "the monster" at dolese park with a 1st run Katana

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968