www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My favorite story for Jimbos Farm 08 was the weather. It had been in the teens the entire week before and the day of... just like I planned... 60 degrees and sunny. That's what you call good planning!!!

Tags: 2008, @, Bowl, Farm, Ice, Jimbos

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite story was probably when I lost my glow tbird and we all were looking for it, and bren asked me about 10 times what color it was and what type of disc I threw. Then he acts like he knew exactly where it landed which I thought wasn't even close to where it landed! haha bren
What type of a disc was it Ryan? Color? It was short left.
That was my first tourney win. I am used to playing in light rain and so when it picked up i was having a ball. Shot three down to tie for the win. And yeah the only ice at our ice bowl in Houston was in my cup.
My favorite story is actually a sad one...I wasn't there...look out 09
that is pretty depressing...you better fix that:)
neileo did you make red dirt doubles?ice bowl 09 supposed to be at the new river parks here in tulsa no worries of it being someones home course its not supposed to be finnished until about a month befor the tourney
2008 ice bowl = 39 inches of snow and 6 more inches while playing.
we only made 9 holes and that took the better part of 3+ hours. we
called it at that cause no one had the strength to keep on playeing.
the only 2 who might have had brought snow shoes for the round
well, the 09 ice bowls were epic I'm sure, I missed all of them but one...we went to the horseshoe canyon ranch in arkansas and the entire weekend was just one big story...the day before was in the mid to upper 50's and gorgeous with exception to the scarry clouds rolling over the bluffs, and then all of a sudden there was a huge thunder blast and it started hailing styrofoam like snowballs no bigger than pebble and it wasn't even raining...that night it rained hard and we were like its going to be muddy...we woke up the next morning to a 1/4 inch of snow and cold cold cold...we were the last group and it took us over 5 hours to play our round...Wow, thank God for mulligans
My favorite icebowl story was at jimbos farm in 08. Both of the ponds were frozen over completly but it was warm enough to be wearing a t shirt and pants in the middle of january beleive it or not!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968