Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

Did mine yesterday
I did mine last night again.
i did my putting today
I did mine today!
I did my putting today!!!
I did mine last night 5-25-10 Day 4
I just finished mine today 5-26-10 My wife came outside and said your still doing this? I said uh yeah its like day five. She said this is easy and so I went and did what I had been waiting to do but needed someone to hold the tape. I grabbed my tape measure and dropped a piece of firewood at 10ft then at 20ft so I could have an exact frame of reference and even a little help with depth perception. I said stand at the 10ft mark and make it over and over again.. She went inside to take a nap and now I have even a better setup for the next 3 weeks. I have been dialing in my system already and a positive mantra has made a huge impact for a 123 putt rhythm. So far so good. My first question: Can I do 15 minutes in the morning and 15 at night? Or is it better to do 15x2 within a 1 to 2 hour period?
Thanks,

CMC
Putting is different than making free throws even though both are repetitive actions. Free throws are uniform while putts are not. In putting you may have uphill, downhill, around, under or over obstacles and with wind coming from different directions. So once you are comfortable with making putts from one area with one style, it is time to vary things. For example, with practice you will eventually become equally confident putting from a staggered or straddle stance. You need both since there are times when you don't get the choice based on the lie you encounter.

Any condition you may encounter in a round is worthy of practicing. But start from short distances and only move back once you have developed a comfort zone at the shorter range with a particular style.

It is fine to start a practice session from a particular place with a particular style until you regain your touch and rhythm and focus. But after that you should be putting in random patterns, changing distances and directions and styles. Spend the most time with the techniques you will use the most in rounds but keep in mind that sometimes you will have to putt from a knee, over a bush, on an anhyzer line.

It is probably best to spread out your practice times, when your schedule allows it. Every time you start a session and repeatedly hit short, easy putts you are reaffirming your own competence and confidence. With practice your comfort zone will expand and you will not only make more putts from farther away but make more putts with uneven footing and unfavorable winds.

Good luck. Practice well.
i did my putting today
Great info again! I do move it around and do lots of short putts in different patterns. I threw out the firewood at 10ft and 20ft just for a reference. I'm not standing in the same place every time. I'm just gonna keep doing it. Getting on a knee is a great idea.
I did my putting today. 5-27-10 day 6 Beat my record on my course today by 4 strokes. This is working!
Started about a week ago and looking forward to seeing my putting game improve. Misunderstood part of the game plan and have been putting from just two or three spots so tomorrow I will start moving around. But the important part is that I did my putting today.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968