www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I did my putting today. 1/16/08

Views: 126

Replies to This Discussion

I did my putting again today
And I watched the putting confidence video again.
I did my putting today, just before a round at Brushy Creek MUD. Over by 5, but 5 better than last week. Getting better at staying in my routine and saying my mantra "just do your job."
I did my putting again this p.m. and got in 9 holes at Brushy Creek Sports Park. Still working on my routine. My putting is showing improvement, but only when I go through the complete drill. First step) address the basket in a straddle stance; 2) step back w/left foot; 3) extend putter full arm length to the basket and say "just do your job;" 4) putt; 5) finish putting motion with a reach out to handshake the basket; 6) step back and say "admire your work". I added step six because I was rushing forward to retrieve after the second putt. In some cases I was stepping forward while the putter was still in the air. I think that might be called a falling putt in a tournament. Anyway, I thought it better to add an extra step to my routine than to risk a fault.
Hey LafnLarry,

I did my putting today, too. I have been in Indiana for the last few days, getting ready for Pro Worlds. I only have to be ready for 4 different courses, starting this coming Tuesday. But I recognize that the most important component of my preparation is to be able to make putts. No matter what challenges the hole offers, you still have to be able to finish it on the putting green.

So I have gone back to basics and have put in my time and focus to make short putts. While you cannot ignore any skill, putting is always the most important skill.
It's Tuesday morning, you won't have time and don't need the distraction of reading e-mails. But, when you do get a chance to sit and read, I want you to know that I appreciate all the lessons and coaching you're providing to all of us ams and novices. It really makes a difference, not only in my score, but also the degree to which I enjoy playing.

I'm wishing you the best at Pro Worlds.
I did my putting today and it was hard to focus. There was a mini tournament going on and there were lots of people including a couple of old DG acquaintances. They refreshed my memory and reminded me that I haven't played DG in over 5 yrs. I had thought it was just 3.
I did my putting today. I'm one session behind 'cause the course was closed for rain yesterday. But, I may be able to make it up tomorrow.
Working the late shift, so I did my putting early. Did 9 holes after and sank most of my putts including a 54 footer to close out with a birdie on 9... Sweeet!
I did my putting today. I putted two 30 minute sessions - One for today and One for make up on the session I missed earlier this week due to rain. I can truthfully say the concentration required to maintain focus for an extra 30 min. was on the border of being painful. I had to take so many breaks that it took two full clock hours to do 1 hr of actual practice.
I did my putting today. Then I played 18 at Cat Hollow. Last time it was 5 over, this time 3 over. I like the direction this is going.
I did my putting today.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968