www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the plan for doubles at Montiel?

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Mondays at 5pm, $5 to get in, $4 goes to payout, $1 to ace pool. A and B pools, random draw.
Is it a set in stone 5pm or is there a grace period for us South County folks? Just wondering for next week.

How many people were there for the first one?
There can be a bit of a grace period if you call ahead. We could flip for you and have a group wait. You'd just have to finish in the dark...

We had nine players on Monday - not bad for a first outing. Now there's $9 in the ace pot.
What is the criteria for a vs. b
It always depends on who shows up. For example, Cent is always an A, unless we get a herd of 1000-rated players showing up. Sometimes I'm an A, sometimes a B. We do a pretty god job of policing ourselves - it's more fun when it's fair and the match is close.
I have a late-added meeting that runs until 4:50p. I'll get out there as fast as I can and want to play. No matter, I will bring the $9 held-over ace pot!
Doubles results for St. Paddy's Day:

1st: Steven Thomas/Ryan Tierney - 14 under
2nd (tie): Jared Spudpicker/Danny "Cash" Bobka - 13 under (won playoff)
Friz Whiz Kirkland/Rizbee Jr. - 13 under
Cent/Rizbee - 13 under

Ace ($17 pot) - Steven on #4-long

Great competition!!! If you're not at Montiel you're missing great golf!
Doubles results for 3/24:

1st: Two, two, two Rizbees in one! - 13 under
2nd: Deano/Cashman Danny - 11 under
3rd; Joel/Ryan T. - 9 under
4th: Rich/Matt - 7 under

No aces, so the pot rolls over. Junior was a puttin' machine last night - we were 10 under after 10 holes. The Double D team pulled within 1 at one point, but we were able to hold them off. Good shootin' all!
I will try to make my first appearance of the year at Montiel Doubles today. I might have to leave early, I have to be gone from Montiel at 7pm. But I should be there.
Montiel Doubles results for 3/31:

1st - Beanieman/Ca$hman - 13 under
2nd - Steven T./Chris L. - 12 under
3rd - Spudpicker/Stu X - 11 under

13 players this week. No aces, so the pot rolls over. We were visited by some Japanese high school students who are touring San marcos for a few weeks. The students were each presented with an EDGE disc, which they can take back to use in Japan since all discs used in Japan must be under 150g. Special thanks to Don V. and A.J. for helping with the visitors.
I wasn't able to play on Monday, but did have a chance to watch most of the holes played. In order to improve safety, flow of play and competitiveness I would like to make the following change to doubles on Monday nights:

"B" players play from the regular (white) tees on holes 7, 8 & 9 on the second nine holes and from the erosion diverter (landscape timber that cuts across the path) on Hole #2 for the second nine.

I watched nearly all of the B players (and some A's) throw OB (over fences and in the habitat) on at least one of these holes, along with throwing shots from the long tees that came close to hitting players on other holes.

I'm interested in any comments or discussion, but I'm pretty sure it's the best way to go.
I'm going to have some trouble also. Late work meeting and kid pick-up issues. I will be able to be there a bit late, maybe to play, but definitely to bring the ace pot. Is anyone else going for sure that could organize???

Oops...guess I'm logged on as AJ...

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968