www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What holes have you aced @ Montiel, with what disc and what kind of shot. I aced #3-short, RHBH with a Sirius Aurora. That's all I have so far. I have seen 1,2 and 4 aced, but no others. Have all of the holes been aced yet?

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I aced hole 9, regular pad, Red Star T-Bird, heiser skip in.
4 aces, 2 on hole #1 short and 2 on #4 short (AJ and Ryan you still owe me a dollar!!). I aced each hole back hand with a jk aviar x then with a SDA crystal challenger.
Wow. That would make it only the second ace with a San Diego Aces cryztal challenger. The first was by me at Morley on hole 15's pyramid with an anhyzer bullet.
I aced 10 twice (my first ace ever with an MD1, the second with a Cro) and 13 with a Flick
I have yet to ace at Montiel. I have come close many times, though.

Twice off the basket and chains on Hole 3.
And twice off the chains on hole 1.
I aced hole 2 short during the Ice Bowl with my QJLS; straight from the pad to the chains, no hyzer, flex or anything. I've hit in 'n out on 1 short twice also.
I got my 7th ace on 7/11, hole 6 long, with my X-OUT Valkyrie. Big anhyzer shot, around the Ficus, leveling out as it reached the basket. At least, that's what I was told by my sons. I didn't see it go in! Cent got an ace on hole 3 short on the next round; his 32nd or 33rd....he has so many I can't keep track!
Cool!! You had given 6 long a scare a few times already, so you were due. Gotta love those X-outs!

I know Dave had been frustrated by #3 for a while - good to hear that's over.
I aced hole 1 short yesterday, 7/19. My eighth ace and my first thumber ace! I was warming up before a bagtag challenge and had thrown several warmups, then, as I was walking to pick up my discs, I had a vision of my dark red X-OUT, (possibly a Tee-bird) in the basket. I threw three thumbers to stretch out my shoulder and on the fourth throw it went in!
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I won't count aces where I throw several shots from a tee. I think when you do that you're "grooving" your arm to that shot, and using information from the result of previous shots to hone in on the target.

I think it's great that you hit it, but it's just not the same as an ace during a round.
So you're saying that all of your aces were during play? None of them were practice shots?

Rizbee said:
I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I won't count aces where I throw several shots from a tee. I think when you do that you're "grooving" your arm to that shot, and using information from the result of previous shots to hone in on the target.

I think it's great that you hit it, but it's just not the same as an ace during a round.
That's right. A few in tournament play, but all have been during rounds of golf. To me, it's only a true ace if you are keeping score (even informally) and would be putting a 1 down on the scorecard.

DEVO said:
So you're saying that all of your aces were during play? None of them were practice shots?

Rizbee said:

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968