The San Diego Aces and Team Rizbee Productions will once again be hosting the Montiel Park Ice Bowl tournament, Saturday Jan. 17th @ 10am, to benefit The Angel's Depot, a local senior citizen food bank. With the tough economy, food banks are in heavy need, especially for seniors who may be living off of shrinking retirement accounts. Come help us raise funds and collect canned goods for this worthwhile charity. Here's a few details:
- $20 entry fee which includes a special Golden Sombrero Series tournament-stamp disc, and entry into the prize raffle
- PDGA sanctioned event, so you can earn PDGA points
- 27 holes: 9 short, 9 long, 9 short
- $1 mulligans sold to benefit The Angel's Depot
- Hole-in-one prize: DGA portable basket thanks to DGUnited
- Special Montiel Ice Bowl bag tags for division winners
- Long putt contest - one shot per can of food - Ice Bowl hoodie prize
- Special Golden Sombrero CFR discs on sale - what will they be?
The Golden Sombrero Series is made up of four Ice Bowls: Redlands on Jan. 3rd, Palm Desert on Jan. 10th, San Marcos on Jan. 17th and Sun Valley on Feb. 28th. All four tournaments are raising funds for local food banks or shelters - great charity causes. Players participating in the series will collect points at each event, based on the number of players of their gender that they beat. The respective male and female participants with the most points after the Sun Valley Ice Bowl will receive the coveted Golden Sombrero awards, which are guaranteed to be cool to look at and a good way to shade yourself from the sun.
Entry form is attached