www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is yours?

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite Morley story happened on December 9, 2007, it was my 3rd ace, the one I called. I was playing a round with Kayleen and we found a disc during the round. Instead of taking the dollar, I turned it in for 8 shots at the ace pool. I was already close to broke being that it was near Christmas. Snapper had just told me the day before that "15 is in 'A' and the ace pool is pretty high" so I figured why not. I told her if she hits it, she has to split it with me, and when I hit it, i'll split it with you. Well, we didn't need the other 7 shots. I went first and threw a thumber with a 175 Firebird that went right in. $110 bucks later we both had a more merry christmas. I hung on to the momentum and proceeded to win the monthly that weekend.
It would be the Memorial Day 2007. I brought my family and my friends family to play. On hole 16 I was clocked in the head by one of the kids...a ten year old girl hit me in the head from 10 feet away and knocked me unconscious. I "wake up" 2 seconds later and my 4 year old is leaning over me saying "you're faking it, you're faking it!". It hit me in the temple which led to an painful and nauseating ride to the ER. I had my wife bring in a my 173g Wraith to show the doctors. I could just here them laughing at the guy who got his in the head with a "frisbee". They were blown away how hard it was. $5,000+ and one CAT scan later, I'm no worse for the wear (although I did receive a used bike helmet, a mouthpiece, and a girl scout frisbee patch from my friends as I recovered.
nice!
During the second day of the 2007 Team Tournament, I was following Avery Jenkins, Nate Doss, Steve Rico and Micah Dorius. On temporary hole A, Avery Jenkins threw a spike hyzer and as Doss is yelling for it to go in, it does just that. On the way to the hole, Jenkins was asked what number ace it was and his response was, "I wish I could remember." It was awesome watching some of the greatest players in the world playing at Morley.

One day I have too many to remember.
I am sooooo bummed I didn't come to watch. Snapper said some of the best players would be there but I didn't know he meant THAT good. I can't wait until this year!
I don't remember when it happened, but it had to be back in 2005. I was standing up on hole 11, watching the card of casual players in front of me, when this guy standing on the fairway, kind of by the bushes just past the palm trees. Kid winds up to throw a tomahawk, and TAGS his girlfriend in the back of the head. She was standing maybe 20 feet in front of him, off to the side a bit. Girl drops to the ground, crying immediately.

I still tell that story here in Texas, because it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Girl got up and walked off a couple of minutes later, luckily it wasn't a pro (though a pro probably wouldn't have hit her)

That guy had a BAD day.

I also saw somebody hit the basket on the deep position on hole 11 with a crazy skip off those rocks, through the mando and everything.
And, one of the reasons I remember Sidearm Dave so well, on 13, he had a terrible drive, down on the hill. Maybe 6-7 ft down the hill, can't see the basket, so I ring chains. Suddenly a Wraith shoots out of the woods like an arrow, narrowly misses the chains, and hits the fence in the back. Was certainly the best sidearm recovery I'd seen til then, and possibly still is.
Everyday. . . Smoking on 11 and shooting the shit with friends. Doesn't get better than that.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968