www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

More courses in San Diego like Montiel would help but what are your thoughts on a current, implementable solution to the massive crowding at our beloved Morley.

Tee times?
Higher rates for non-pass players?
Course Marshall?
???

Positive, constructive answers only please!

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Seriously here....why do we pay substantially more for an annual pass than we would for Sea World, or the Zoo? Cut the cost of the annual pass (and sell a whole lot more) and increase the daily fee to $5.00

Use the pin positions for other holes to provide additional pin placements.

Sell popcorn at the pro-shop

Sell soda from a soda fountain (and increase profits from soda sales by 300% and be more friendly to the enviornment). Sell morley field cups for cheaper refills too.

I know I am dreaming about these below, but they are good ideas.

Set up lights so we can play at night, and when they shut the lights off, turn on the sprinklers which should deter the majority of the illicit activities that occur there at night and decrease the crews clean up in the morning.

Coffee shop and cafe at the proshop

Wireless cameras on the pins and pads so that you can watch the course activity from the proshop.
My personal belief is that you will never solve the overcrowding. It is part of what makes Morley what it is. It is only crowded because it is the most played course on earth. It never seems to bother me as much as it does most people. I play pretty slow already anyway.
I also like the idea of setting up lights on the course!

Enforce the rules of the park and there will be less people on the course.
Wow... I like the way you think!
A message to all my sloppy drunken whores - Stay Classy San Diego
. None of these things can fix Morley. The only real answer is to get another course.
I agree that another top notch course in San Diego would help alleviate some of the problem, but Morley is THE classic course in town and will probably always be the busiest.
I think that part of the problem is all the people who play as singles or twosomes. Having a starter/marshall like in ball golf who organizes the groups at the start so there aren't smaller groups playing at peak times would be start. It would get the same number of people on the course in fewer groups and allow for overall faster play.
Not to mention the fact that I've met some pretty cool people when I've been out by myself and asked to join another group over playing by myself.

LaVidaDisc said:
. None of these things can fix Morley. The only real answer is to get another course.
I recomend ditching the rubber on hole 12's tee. It's usually wet and slippery. I'm sure I'll hurt myself on it one day, I've come close many times already.
It would sure be nice if there was a tall shade tree for the bench areas on holes 5 and 11. Sometimes there can be 5 groups waiting to tee off. There are lots of places to sit but if one wants to stay out of the sun for those 25 minutes, one has to stand under a tree way off to the side.
I don't want to break the bank; just plant 2 saplings on each tee and I'll watch them grow for the next 50 or 60 years since I'm only 28 years old now. I usually carry a gallon of water for my hangovers so I'll water them often.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968