www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hardest hole for you to birdie (or even par!)?

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe I am admitting this but I COMPLETELY suck at any position on hole 8. That's right... 8! Why...? I don't know, it's open, wide and straight. It has to be one of the easiest holes to par but not for me!

My answer should be hole #7.
hole 14 in long position,that hole always gives me fits
First of all, I know I'm a nerd... I have over 300 rounds recorded in an excel spreadsheet.
My worst hole is #7 averaging a 3.3. My best hole is #2 with a 2.8 average (2.6 in the last year).
My second worst is hole 5, although I really like hole 5. :)
Hole #7 has always been my Achilles' Heel. It started when I grilled an oncomming Honda in 2001. Then on my 1st tournament (Spring Fling) #7 was my start hole. Even though I shot 4 birdies warming up on other holes I took a Snowman for my my 1st hole of my 1st tourney!

I will make you pay #7... Ooohh yes I will!
Hole 7 used to be my worst but then I learned how to roll a disc. Now, I'd have to say hole 12 gives me the most trouble. There are a couple pins I can get birdies on but there are 12 different locations and I almost always hit a tree and ricochet away from where I'm aiming.
Pins A and B for hole 10. If they are in these positions and I am still bogey free, look out, 'cause I will probably have a crappy drive and then have to fight for a par, inevitable. Lately I have taken to just getting around the corner and making my layup shot, birdies happen but not often enough for the close proximity.
Wow, Sean, didn't you win your division last year? It's even more impressive knowing you snowmaned the first hole. As i've said before, I love all the pins at Morley but the one (and only, i've got the new positions on 5 and 6 already) that I have never birdied is 7 in the F position. It's one of those shots that gives you one real line at birdie and if you can't play the shot, you can't deuce it. And anyone who has played with me for any decent amount of time knows I can't throw a roller. 7E is reachable with a monster sidearm, so I should try bombing a monster sidearm and mabye i'll have a line at a jump putt.
The hole I think is the best, is also the one I consider the hardest, Hole 7 long!
I love the stats!
I have a spreadsheet and graphs of my past 220 games but not per hole!!! How cool.
Please share some of your findings / trends. I think it would be very interesting!
I think the hardest hole at Morley Field to Birdie on a regular basis when it's there is Hole # 16 Long , next to the nursery. I have seen some great Par shots and alot of boggies there.

Hole # 7 long is probably next as it takes a great roller shot to get into putting range.

Also , Long Tee Pad # 9 when it's all the way back up the hill. It takes a Awesome drive , good Upshot and a nice putt when it's all the way back up the hill !!!!!
I haven't played Morley in a couple of years, but as a lefty, I have to say that I hated 10 short, maybe the second shortest tee.
#11 F thats when that hole turns from birdie to bogey. lots of layup for the par, after having a nice drive. ( #11 the bowl hole to the hardest hole at morley.)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968