www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wrap two 3mm led lights around a 2025 battery and tape to your disc with clear packing tape.

Tags: glow, golf, light, night

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

The battery will last all night LED lights are very efficient.
You can get some Leds at Radio Shack. My favortie place to get them is at Mouser.com

My friends by something like this in the wal-mart car department. $0.99
They take them apart and they have two batteries simmilar to those pictured above and one LED
I buy the fishing bob light replacements for about $3.00 I think they work the best.
They look Just like this.

flashflight
I have never tried the flashflight but it looks to be the best.
Is it better to tape the LED's to the top or bottom of the disc? I dont have any candy type plastic just star and ESP.
Hardcore Hyzer said:
Is it better to tape the LED's to the top or bottom of the disc? I dont have any candy type plastic just star and ESP.

I put it on the bottom (i do use candy plastic), I think it has to change the flight if it is on the top. However I know some people that put it on the top because they think it is more visible with other plastics.
I like to use candy plastic so you can see the disc no matter how it lands. I put the LED lights on the bottom.

Hardcore Hyzer said:
or more

Jaysus said:
so just one night then? I would have guessed that they'd be good for at least 4 or 5 rounds. :shrug:
Climo and I were talking about the different ways you can light up plastic. He had some pretty cool discs with holes drilled in the middle. He fit in LED lights with little watch batteries that were easy to change. They lit up really bright.

Andrew Rich
Roots Roc Reggae
www.purediscgolf.com
TOOOOOO COOOOOL, why didnt i think of that......
LED's are good..but they can malfunction...plus they screw up your night vision if too bright...Red is best for not screwing up night vision

The best way is to get the real deal glow plastic and juice'em with a UV LED flashlight (No Tape Flappers ever)....but not every one has glo discs or a bright enough light..so here's the next best way...

...With 1 six inch glow stick (green is the best) you can light up a dozen or more discs.
Discs should be cleaned first...but not absolutely necessary.... Put two 4+ inch long sections of 2 inch clear packing tape on your discs (Champ/Z is best) Over lap the tape by at least 1/2 inch. Fold a small piece of paper towel (or like material) in half and place it on the taped disc....activate the glow stick then cut or drill a hole in the bottom of the glow stick....drip the glow goo on the towel...too much goo, add more paper (there is a learning curve here). Cover the glowing paper towel with at least 3 more layers of tape....(3 cause you want to over lap and cover it well to avoid leakage)
Use small amounts on putters (quarter/nickle size)...go big on drivers. A 2 inch by 3 inch glow spot will glow enough to see the disc fly down the fairway.

Class Dismissed.....lol
wow thats to easy going to try it today
lights and a battery

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968