www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A friend and I are going to be going on a road trip this summer (Late June as of now) around northern CA. We are trying to find people that would be willing to show us around on courses we haven't played before. We will be coming down from Humboldt on the 101 down to Willits to play the KOA corse there. The next day we will be going to Boonville to AVBC then on to Golden Gate park to play that course. Day 3 will start at Black Mouse in Felton, then on to DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz. Day 4 will be spent at Biju in Tahoe. Day 5 will be split between Lake of the Sky and Truckee River. Day 6 is up in the air maby Rocklin, Ukiah, who knows, I could use some sugestions for that day in between Tahoe and Humboldt. Any help with guiding on courses, camping, cool courses to hit, etc, would be very helpfull.
Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in SF and would be more than willing to show you guys around provided I'm in town when you come thru.

I would highly suggest hitting Ukiah. They have 3 courses and good car camping near the lake. Play Low Gap for sure. Shady Oaks in Orangevale (Sacramento) is a great course to stop at. It's short but not too short and technical. They have a nice pro shop to replace the plastic you lost in Tahoe ;)
Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way.
Sat 07/12: Bijou in the late morning to afternoon, folowed by Zepher Cove in the afternoon to evening.
Sun 07/13: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
Updated Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way.
Sat 07/12: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Sun 07/13: Grass valley courses and Penn valley's course, maby Auburn
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
"Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way."

I do no think this is possible. I live in SC, and have a sister in Eldorado county.

Say you start Black mouse at 8 AM finish @ 10 (short course) Get to Dela by 11, takes 4 hours to play (long course of 28 holes) that's 3 PM, it now takes 3-4, or more hours to get to Eldorado County. I suppose you could do it, stop and play one last course along the way and then roll in at night?

If you're going to Eldo I would suggest Rockiln, but stopping at OV , which comes first will leave more day light,

Also if you're going through Eldorado county you should play Grass Valley (Condon Park) and Penn Valley. Both blow the doors off Black Mouse or GG.

If it were me, I would skip black mouse. It's not fully established IMHO, (tee's etc) it's on a high school campus so access is awkward, and off the beaten path. I would also skip Golden Gate Park (Sorry, nice course I guess, but not primarily a course and therefor a little cluttered and hard to follow.) It's also .... in Golden Gate park which is better than no course at all, but reasonably nefarious in spots. You could very easily lose your disc to an angry troll under a bush. Seriously.

If you're traveling to play Disc Golf on quality courses and your time is limited, Go no further south than Dela, (unless you're going to SoCal) which is still off your path, but a not to be missed course if you have never been here. Then consider OV, Rocklin, Grass Valley, Penn Valley, all top courses, Auburn maybe. Tahoe and Zephyr Cove, maybe Lake Port, a historic course where Ed set up shop for a time.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968