www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A friend and I are going to be going on a road trip this summer (Late June as of now) around northern CA. We are trying to find people that would be willing to show us around on courses we haven't played before. We will be coming down from Humboldt on the 101 down to Willits to play the KOA corse there. The next day we will be going to Boonville to AVBC then on to Golden Gate park to play that course. Day 3 will start at Black Mouse in Felton, then on to DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz. Day 4 will be spent at Biju in Tahoe. Day 5 will be split between Lake of the Sky and Truckee River. Day 6 is up in the air maby Rocklin, Ukiah, who knows, I could use some sugestions for that day in between Tahoe and Humboldt. Any help with guiding on courses, camping, cool courses to hit, etc, would be very helpfull.
Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Hello there.
I would be interested in showing you a bit around some of the
Santa Cruz County Disc Golf courses.
There is a total of 3 public ones now
Dela
Black Mouse
Aptos High School
That would be great. Dela and Black Mouse were allready on the list, I don't know if we will have time for Aptos. What is it like?
Okay, Yeah I understand about probably not having enough time.
Well Aptos High Disc Golf course is a 18 Hole Course, not marked that well(pretty much need a guide), lots of poison Oak and High grass on the back part of the
course. I like the course and would recommend it if you have the time, but if not then it is okay. Of course doing 2 courses in one day takes up alot of time.
After Tahoe, you should hit Grass Valley and Penn Valley courses on your way home. Alternatively, you could hit the courses in Oroville and Chico. I could show you around the later courses, but probably not the former (as they are farther away). Let me know if you are interested...
Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way.
Sat 07/12: Bijou in the late morning to afternoon, folowed by Zepher Cove in the afternoon to evening.
Sun 07/13: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
Yo humchris,

Bad news, there is a tourney at Bijou on 7/12 and on 7/13.

my suggestion is you play on 7/12 North Tahoe Regional Park and Truckee River Regional Park . then on 7/13 head down to Penn Valley and Grass Valley . Zepher Cove is open (and a great disc golf course) but it might be out of your way. on 7/14 you could take highway 20 and head for Lakeport, and then Ukiah. or you could take highway 80 back and play Rocklin and Napa.

Have a fun trip.
Mike.
Thanks for the heads up. Bummer that I can't play Bijou, I have heard so much about it. Do you think I would be able to play Zepher Cove, North Lake Tahoe, and Truckee River in one day?
Updated Itinerary for the Nor Cal Summer tour
Any help showing me around on any of these courses would be great.

Leaving Wed 07/09 after work and driving down to Willits
Thur 07/10: Willits KOA in the morning, folowed by AVBC DGC in Boonville in the afternoon, and S.F. in the evening.
Fri 07/11: Black Mouse DGC in the morning followed by DeLavega in the afternoon. Driving up to my parents in Eldorado county for the night, if there is time, Shady Oaks in Orangevale on the way.
Sat 07/12: North Tahoe Regional Park in the morning, Truckee River Regional Park in the afternoon, and if there is time Auburn in the Evening.
Sun 07/13: Grass valley courses and Penn valley's course, maby Auburn
Mon 07/14: this day is still up in the air there are alot of courses between Tahoe and Humboldt and I'm trying to decide which ones I'm going to try to hit on my way back home. This is where I could use some more help, if anyone can show me around on a course or two this day it would rock otherwise I'll be trying to find one or two that are easy to follow and along the way.
Yo humchris,

How was your trip? what was your favorite course.
Wow that trip sounded great how did it go? I would have recomended a stop in Napa at Skyline Park. # 7044

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968