www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Every year, the President gives a "State of the Union Address". In this speech, the President reflects on the accomplishments of the country, introduces the new challenges for the country, and also talks about the upcoming year's plans. Clubs operate on a very similar principle. Given that we have just completed our first year, I think that such a review is in order. I have been thinking about how to write this and what to write for the last couple of weeks.

After World's 2008, Seth Johnson and myself felt that we needed to help disc golf in North Houston. We were inspired by the cooperation of disc golf clubs and the power of what multiple clubs working together can do. Out of this inspiration, the NORTH SIDE CHAIN GANG was created. The timing was perfect considering that merely a few weeks after coming home, Hurricane IKE blew through our city, and caused damage and flooding to many if not all of our courses.
By the time that Spring Valley IV happened, we had charter members, a sign up list, and scheduled the first meeting.
The first meeting was held, and within a week, there were 3 clean up crews on 3 courses, and we held our first mini at McDade Park. 3 more minis came about by the end of the year, and we had courses cleaned, meetings on a regular schedule, and the club picked up steam.
We sponsored 4 events in our first year to total almost $1000 from the club, including being the largest contributors to Texas States with our affiliates contributing $1250 to the cause!
12 members participated in World Championships this year, and one member even made top 20 in advanced!
As we come to our anniversary tournament SPRING VALLEY V, we look to the new year ahead of us. With Tags starting to be handed out at this Saturday's tournament, we will have accomplished all the goals this club set out to achieve in its FIRST MEETING. This is a HUGE accomplishment!
What lies ahead for the next year. You all know that my biggest drum that I beat is MORE MEMBER INVOLVEMENT. Without it, we are nothing. We need the good buddy networking that makes a club valuable to ALL its members.
We need to continue the mission and work this year to create a responsible base of people that can organize and run tournaments. This is the next step in legitimacy. It also is important for us to run a regular mini that will sustain revenue for the club and help us to achieve our new goals with a better budget.
As President, I can only reiterate how proud I am to be a member of this club and to work with all of you to put this sport in the light it should be, and to put this place on the disc golf map as it should be. Thank you all. Now let's go mop up all the awards at this freaking event.
BTW!>>>>>> I WANT TO SEE THEM WHITE TOWELS FLYIN" AT THIS TOURNAMENT!"

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds good
Viva el presidente

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968