www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started playing and collecting in 1993. At the time I didn't know what to collect so I collected anything interesting. Within a few years my interest narrowed so that I sought out those discs that I most wanted to throw. So every time I picked up a new gem I hoped it might one day make it into my playing bag.

I realize now, that for maximum collecting value (which I don't especially care about), I made at least two mistakes. (1) A disc which is older and rarer has greater dollar value than a disc which actually flies better. (2) A driver is worth less than a putter or midrange (my hundreds of cyclones, x-clones and banshees-primary drivers in my game over the years-are worth little now)

The disc which I actively throw and collect is the Discraft Rattler. I have plenty of goodies to trade.

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

Kjell,
Yes, I have a couple of those. That Rattler has an MDGO (Michigan Disc Golf Organization) stamp made by Stu Melrose. I'm guessing it was released about 1996.

One always can wish that they had held onto those early frisbee's we threw when growing up in the  late 50's -70's.My 1st lid was a Plutto Platter,age 6-7 around '57-58.My old,used frisbees were in storage down in the basement,then left home without them to someday return.Mom never threw any of our toys away,unfortunately my younger brother sold them/left them at someones house or field.It's that "don't cry over spilled milk syndrome".fly high and enjoy the sight while in the air.Those whamo models were priced just right for the times we grew up,recall never spending between $1.69-$7.00.Model ranging of course from regular to the Master models...then again gas was just..lol and I'm sort of telling my age.Enjoy..

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968