www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How often do you use overhead shots in your game?

I use them probably a 5th or 6th of my drives and only use it when needed in other shots.

I think this weekend I will do back to back drives, normal vs. overhead for all game and see what my turn out is.

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

i throw mine about the same for drives but like the thumber for alot of upshots because its
very easy to control
I would say that I throw Thumbers about 25% of my shots. Depends on the situation and the hole but I usually look to throw a thumber first.
I use a thumber about 90% of my drives. I just don't have any d with my forehand or sidearm drives.
Really, I was a mainly backhand driver until the past couple weekends. Been working on my sidearm and been getting really good distance and good accurancy (when I don't fuck it up) close to the basket a lot of times the past weekend.

For a couple weekends before that I was trying out doing overhand shots on about 75% of my drives and did pretty well also. I just need to get a nice blend of the 3 now on my drives. But yeah, sidearm/forehand are a bit harder to get down.

Cassidy Mayne said:
I use a thumber about 90% of my drives. I just don't have any d with my forehand or sidearm drives.
I'd say the times I throw a thumber is when I see no other route or I feel like testing some limits. Petty close to being a get out of jail free card.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968