www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A few years ago, the PDGA created a video aimed at helping TDs with getting sponsors. It runs about 3 1/2 minutes and you can see the YouTube version on Brian Graham's "Bag" here.

I had a version on my other laptop that I used to show people on airplanes. I think that you could get a copy from the PDGA, but I am not sure who to ask. It was very nice and the best way I had, during a flight, to show someone what disc golf us.

The YouTube version should work well anywhere you have Internet access.

Maybe it Brian see this he'll reply to this thread and attach the video to his reply?

Tags: disc, golf, pdga, promote, promotional, sponsors, video

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I have that YouTube video on a CD that I received a while ago from some guys in the Metro Detroit area. I show it to all my high school students. It amazes me how few of them have even heard of the sport. I wish there was an easy way to form a disc golf high school league. I'm from Michigan and have made an effort to make contact with other teachers who would be willing to form such groups, but there are not many out there that I can get a hold of.
See an example of media coverage of the Tuscon Ice Bowl. Submitting a press release to local news media at least two weeks in advance can pay off.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/video/video/show?id=1809917:Video:49594
I also found this article to be a collection of the best tips from all over for promoting and running events:

http://www.disclife.com/publicity.shtml
wow, what a great resource for a creaky old-school ex-TD to catch up on todays new mindset on tourneys.
i wanna' throw a juniors and recreational only tourney in march, if at all possible, and need a real basic outline on what others may have done in theirs (if any have bee held yet).
i must apply K.I.S.S. rule since it's been a while since i've done this, but i wondered the manner to get the best deal on about 15-20 assorted kids (ages 5 to 13) discs from all disc manufacturers, just to expose the kids to the different stuff out there, that's all. i figured about 75-80 total junior/rec-type discs would suffice for the inaugural clinic, practice and play-9 session. a driver/mid and putter for each would be nice.
so, i'll spend what i have to spend, but i am price-picky shopper so suggestions would be welcome.
thanks for letting me jump on board the pirate's ship and into the space.
ed thomas #4977
atlanta, ga, usa
edthms@att.net
For folks who don't know already, I make a show which is broadcast on public and community access stations across the US. The shows are provided at no charge and local residents submit the dvd (or a tape they make from the dvd) for broadcast.

If anyone here has a local station and wants to get involved, give me a shout.

Details at www.discgolflive.com

Joe Wander
Joe, if it's possible, I would like to get a copy of one of your shows. The high school at which I work has an excellent broadcasting program that runs the local access channel. I would probably have no trouble getting them to play it a few times. Also, it would help the students get an impression of the sport and how it's covered. The kids film and broadcast LIVE every home football game and basketball game, it's really unbelievable to sit at home on a friday and watch coverage of a local game (complete with instant replays) and knowing it's all student run. Yet I'm sure most of them have never heard of disc golf.
Anyway, if a copy is available, let me know and I can give you my contact information.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968