www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here is where I plan to give updates on my current condition & recovery status. Current situation: In brace for 7-9 weeks, then physical therapy for 2-4 months. I will be seeing the Doctor today, so I may have another update later on in the day.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

you're in our hearts Carl
Turns out I need the surgery after all. Should shorten my recovery time.
10am tomorrow morning Coronado Sharp Hospital. Should be able to throw discs again in 6-8 weeks.
you're in my thoughts right now Carl... 8 minutes til the knife!
There were a few complications. But I am home now, with more mobility in my arm then I had before. I am falling in and out of conciousness right now, because of all the meds they gave me. But I wanted to thank those who called and texted me while I was in there and a thank you to Mark Wilson who came by to make sure I was ok. I'm happy to be home, and thanks again to everyone for all the love.
Today I am doing much better. I was pretty much bedridden the first 3 days after the surgery, but today I feel better. The surgery definately took weeks off of my recovery time and I am happy that there are only a few events that I am actually going to have to miss due to injury. I will still be able to keep my desired schedule for next year. I should be able to return for the Ice Bowl in LA, and I now hope to be close to full strength when I play Gentleman's Club, The Memorial and St. Patty's next year.
I don't know what you injured but we're glad your on the road to recovery. If you need some chicken soup or cookies, I'll deliver. Don't worry, my wifes a good cook. Get well, Eric & EJ
Eric, it's my right arm. I snapped the humerous bone in my throwing arm (and it isn't very humorous, trust me), but should be back near the end of the year. Tell EJ not to worry, it's not like I fractured my ego. I can still beat him with a broken arm.
Carl glad your making a good recovery. Evan has been keeping me updated and I'll keep an eye on this discussion now.

I can't wait to play against you again

If you want I'll let you caddy for me at the So Cal Championships so you can feel involved.

Drink Milk not Mt.Dew it's good for the bones.
Noah, I can't wait to get healthy and play you again. I'll show you I can still beat you, and now i'll have to do it without thumbers and tomahawks. Until I get back, you will just have to deal with getting whooped by my protege and good friend Evan. Speaking of whom, I will be following him around next weekend. On top of what he already brings to the table, he will have the power of the beanie behind him. You remember why not to underestimate the power of the beanie. Robert Morris, baby!

By the way, I haven't had a Mountain Dew since worlds. Right now i'm off soda and on a new healthier diet and i'm taking different vitamins and lots of calcium to build stronger bones. Currently there is about a 50/50 chance i'll be able to play in december. At the least I should be throwing lefty by then.
Glad you are watching your diet.

I know Evan is gonna put up some good rounds to beat. He's been flawless recently.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to get back. It's better to build your strength back slowly.
Wish you well, and see you next weekend.
It has been exactly 22 days and 5 hours since I broke my arm (but who's counting?). Today, I threw my first putt with my throwing arm. I threw about 5, and the furthest one went about 18 feet. I can make the complete motion with only a little pain, and can actually snap the disc a little. To say that I am a little bit excited about this is an understatement. Don't worry everyone, I am taking it slowly, and not pushing myself. Knowing my arm is capable of supporting itself and holding a disc for almost a week, I had to try it. I had a feeling I could do it, but I figured it would hurt like hell. Not so.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968