www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it."
Charles Dudley Warner

Check your favorite weather predicting device (crickets, wooly caterpillars, sore joints, etc.), because we're supposed to have rain/showers Wed. thru Sun. next week! So much for three events in two days!

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

It never rains in San Diego . lol. The Ironman is on rain or shine !! Its time to bust some spike hyzers
The weatherman (not Bob Dylan's) is already changing the forecast; Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but no rain for the Ice Bowl!
Looks like we might get some sprinkles on Sun for the Ice Bowl , after all !!
Yeah, the only thing constant in life, is change. They're talking about some wind, too, and that always makes my score higher!
Ah but Devo, at least you get to practice Montiel and can plan what shots to use when the wind is high or low. I will not believe any prediction or forecast until I arrive at the course. Yesterday it rained most of the day and there was no one at Morley. Maybe 10 cars in parking lot. I am hoping for similar weather Saturday so the monthly at Morley runs somewhat smoothly.
Yes, Ben, we can hope for no crowds at Morley for the monthly. As far as planning and practicing for Montiel....I'm helpless and hopeless re playing in inclement weather. (See my finish at the first Bagtag challenge of the year, where I lost my Flash down the drain on hole 4.)
I agree with you Ben, if the crowds don't get to bad for the monthly on Sat. then we can excpect a smooth flow , maybe even get done at an early time. That would give me some recovery time for Sun !!
Ben, I think you came up with the name Ironman for this weekend !! I hope this can be something that happens more in the future, Although there are all kinds of tourneys comming up this next couple of months , in SoCal .
Can't recall if it was me that coined that term (I think it was Parnell) but I did have the idea of playing mulitple tourneys at each course in a weekend. Also, having one giant tourney using the four courses over a weekend. Don't know how this would work in practical terms but who knows, with Daylight Savings right around the corner anything is possible.
Also, it is now 24 hours from the beginning of the Iron Man weekend. Looks like its gonna be a wet one.
Weather.com shows a 10% of rain for tomorrow and 50% on Sunday. This will hurt the Sun Valley Monthly attendance. :(
Break out the Gortex and keep plenty of dry towels handy ..

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968