www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

More courses in San Diego like Montiel would help but what are your thoughts on a current, implementable solution to the massive crowding at our beloved Morley.

Tee times?
Higher rates for non-pass players?
Course Marshall?
???

Positive, constructive answers only please!

Tags: morley

Views: 6

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think more courses is the best and most viable solution. Morley Field is a facility in a public park operated by a contract vendor (Snapper). Much of the allure of the course for casual players (who arguably play most of the rounds) is the free-spirited, bohemian atmosphere and the reasonable price for play. Adding restrictions to when people can play, providing a more restricted atmosphere (Marshalls) or increasing costs dramatically would drive away casual players, which makes the course less attractive financially for the vendor. I think much of the character of Morley is already set in stone.

If you want to be able to play shorter rounds at Morley on the weekends, I think the best solution is to create alternative places for casual players to play - preferrably near areas with high proportions of college-aged residents. Of course (no pun intended) that takes lots of time and work...but it's worth it.
I think figuring out a way to stop people from jumping holes and in particular stop them from starting at holes 3 and 15 when they see #1 backed up, would do a lot for flow of play once you get moving. It would make starting at #1 take longer, but by hole #3 you would start to establis a pace. It takes until hole #6 now due ot groups jumping holes and not starting on #1.
If Morley is too crowded for you, play Sun Valley. Morley is more social network than disc golf course. Slow play is one of the main reasons why I don't play league (besides major bagging). I also tend to skip monthlies now that I've been spoiled by a course that closes for monthly events...

I don't think Morley should add more stipulations, the solution is more courses. 4 courses for 2.9 million people is ridiculous. Wisconsin has 125 courses for 5.5 million...

Everyone copy Rizbee. Find some land and convince the city to pay for a new course.
I'm open for any suggestions !!!! I have been working on another course in San Diego.
Available land space has been a issue. Some have suggested for us to look into private property as well.

We played another Monday Night Bag Tag today with 23 tags on the line. I have the impression , Morley Field will always be busy , no matter how many additional courses San Diego gets. The Weather here is tough to beat and Morley Field is Disc Golf friendly and centrally located. Courses like Montiel is also player friendly and anyone can shoot well there. I'm not sure if charging more to play at MorleyField is a solution. A Course Marshall is a good idea as it will keep the flow going. I would like to see additional parking for one thing as even during the week , that becomes another issue. Tee Times.................................could be something to think about.
I like those ideas.
Heck... I'm out of work. Maybe I could become the worlds first DG Course Marshall!

:)
I agree with more courses, even in my back yard
In fact we are getting so busy with golfers that we may have to restict DG play to only certain times of the day on weekends at Emerald Isle
If we had another course close by ( closer then Montiel ) I could suggest to the non Tee Time walkons a place to play
As far as Marshalling Morley, I can't see it. To much anarchy to deal with. It's hard enough here to try to keep things under control.
x
What happened to the replies?
I knew I wasn't crazy. I noticed this yesterday but chalked it up to an issue with my computer.
Mark - are you deleting replies that you don't think are constructive?
Wow!
I'm not sure what happened.
That is REALLY weird!

Your replies seem to still be at... http://discgolfer.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=1809917%3ATopic%3A15...

No idea what happened. It does look like some replies are even missing!

Let me know if there are any other problems. I like these forums and would like to know of any glitches to avoid.

bty... I think all opinions should be heard, unless someone is foul or off subject.

:)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968