www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

hopefully enough snow will be melted of by mid feb. so we can begin to finalize the 18 hole layout
i will run two weekend events (hopefully mid to late feb) with temp baskets to get feedback for the new layout

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Chris, I thought that was alot of fun to try the new layout...definitely solves some safety issues...are you planning on making some holes longer? It seems a shame to lose both bomber holes (11 & 20) even if I can't throw 'em.
we will be installing 10 trash cans at downriver in the next few weeks. Thanks goes to river ridge hardware for their donations.
as for the layout there will be some longer holes but they won't be wide open bomber holes.
I thought general safty issues were only partially addressed. Where old problems were solved, new ones came up. I have to ask the question ' are any of the new holes qualitative improvements over those they replace? does the tone of the course evolve from 'cool rec course' to ' great championship course'? I do think the loss of bomber and other signature holes must be made up for. For my money I suggest we pursue a more far- reaching transformation of the course. Don't just tweak it; re-imagine it.
christopher, that was me using Jaymie's hitch. Gordy
Gordy, I think there is only so much you can do with the land available at Downriver. It is fairly small, and there are many wide open areas that don't allow much creativity. There are some crazy cool holes that could be made, but they would require clearing trees, which seems contrary to the ideals of disc golf and the park.

I am in line with Christopher, but I have my own proposal that would actually be compatible with his layout. It would allow DR to have multiple unique layouts that would make for more exciting tournaments there. It would allow variety, and casual players could play an easy alternate while pros could play the more challenging tees/pins.

Check it out at http://nidga.sportboard.net/washington-f17/downriver-proposal-t36.htm
jaymie v poage crafts said:
I thought general safty issues were only partially addressed. Where old problems were solved, new ones came up. I have to ask the question ' are any of the new holes qualitative improvements over those they replace? does the tone of the course evolve from 'cool rec course' to ' great championship course'? I do think the loss of bomber and other signature holes must be made up for. For my money I suggest we pursue a more far- reaching transformation of the course. Don't just tweak it; re-imagine it.
where do you still see safety issues, i appreciate the feedback but i need to know what the specific issues are before i can adress them. as for just tweaking the course, that is what the club agreed apon

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968