www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just curious on how many of you played baseball or another throwing sport growing up or even currently? I know I played baseball for years and believe that is a big reason I have stuck mostly with forehand/sidearm driving.

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

I played baseball all through high school and 4 years of Division II college ball. I feel the sidearm drive gives me much more distance with less effort than backhand, I just have to keep in mind to stay "short" with my motion as you would with a swing
I played baseball for years and throwing a disc sidearmed just seemed natural when i started playing
I played baseball from age 7 to 17, then they made me play softball. Was taught to throw bye an uncle and grandpa.(DONT THROW LIKE A GIRL) lol I throw sidearm at about 58 mph, so thats how I throw a disc. I am new to dg,but can not get enough of it! Have been everyday for 5 days. New course in my town, Can drive 100 to150 ft most everytime. Have brain fart every now and then. love it.
GO BRAVES!!
I played baseball for almost ten years, throwing sidearm as a lefty pitcher and 2nd base. I would also say playing tennis has contributed. I already learned the X-step from playing racquetball. So those three sports combined helped me to throw sidearm in disc golf. I'm still trying to learn how to throw a consistent backhand.
Go Cubs!
Cubbies??? LOL
Growing up, baseball was my best sport and I had a rocket arm. But I didn't throw a golf disc until I was 39 years old. I wonder what kind of power I might have had in disc golf if I had started earlier.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968