www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been told I'm weird because of the grip I use when I rip my forehands. Rather than 2 fingers on the inside rim only the pad of my middle finger is touching the rim and my index finger is behind it closer to the center of the disc.

Are there any other grips you use? Is one better than another or is it all about comfort??

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

I think the same rule that applies to backhand grips apllies also to sidearm. Whatever feels comfortable and gets results can not be wrong :)

If you can transfere the power from your arm and your wrist to the disc properly it is as good as any grip. I have seen many types of finger positions but the most common seems to be the one where the middle finger is pressing the inner side of the rim and the index finger is on top of the middle finger. Some people who have been used to throw discs with larger diameter prefer a wider grip where the fingers form a V so that the middle finger touches the rim and the index finger is balancing the disc and is close to the center as you described.

I use the first grip ie. two fingers on the rim. I feel I get more power to the flick with that.
Like Bast said, whatever works for you is the way to go. I actually only use one finger, my index, on the inner rim of the disc. I've been throwing this way for years and I don't think I could change if I wanted to.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968