www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What midrange discs does everyone throw for forehand shots? I gennerally throw my Pro Drone for straighter shots or with slight turn over to the left, and my FLX or Z Drone for hyzer shots. 230-250ft.

I have also recently been throwing a Pro Zone on a slight hyzer flip very straight and an ESP Zone for shots with a little less fade on the end than my Z and FLX Drones.

I used to only primarly throw drivers because I could never find any midrange discs that worked for me sidearm. I have tried Buzzes, Wasps, Shockwaves, nothing seemed to really work they all kinda seemed to be to understable. Even on a slight hyzer flip all these discs still turned over for me.

I can't throw backhand for the life of me I have tried, and tried again. Its crazy and I can't figure it out.

Oh, yeah and with my drivers they are not throwing to much further than my mids, I max out with my drivers at 300-320 feet depending so the use of my mids has actually helped bring my scores down with the accuracy that they have provided me.

What midrange discs does everyone throw for sidearm shots and how far do you throw them? Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Paul-

Tags: Drone, Zone, forehand, midrange

Views: 724

Replies to This Discussion

For midrange I tend to use an XD whether forehand or back hand.
Hey Paul,
My nane is Tim,and I live in New Jersey.I have been playing disc golf since 1996 and I too have yet to throw backhand
to save my life(at a long distance).
Your answer to a mid-range disc......Champion Panther. I throw mostly Discraft,and I have found that there is NO(and I repeat)NO disc out there that can compete to a Champion Panther.It will fly where you throw it.Once you master the tose(flick or forehand)it will go straight then fade a little to the right.
Now your wondering "What disc will go straight then draw to the left.....an "Old School" Cyclone.What I mean by old school would be a cyclone that was made in the 90's.They can be found maybe on ebay.If you can find one,it would be a good investment if your really into playing disc golf the way I am.
These are the 2 disc that I use for mid-range.Let me know how things go.

Tim

P.S. The weight of these disc's are 175 gram
I use a dx leopard for longer midrange (200-250) an old beat up roc for dead straight shots from 100-200, and a star coyote for shots i need to turnover a bit. when i'm inside a 100 feet though i usually backhand the coyote i seem to get a little better touch with the backhand.it just floats up there and dies. sidearm seems to come in a little too hot and skip.
For me it started when I found how easy it was to fh a flx buzz. Take just a couple steps and release on a nice little hyser. Dead nuts straight with a soft finish to the right(rhfh).
Then winter came around and my buzzz was white so I put it away, and found the BEST forehand mid range!! The Gateway WARRIOR in the evolution flex plastic(flat ass heck top, NO dome). It can be thrown with a hyser from anywhere 100-260ft out with pin point accuracy. Almost impossible to turn the damn thing over.
I use a roc. It is awesome for me in the 80 to 150 ft. range. It won't flip if you throw a mellow snap.
Mike
All RHFH

Straight w/ slight fade on finish - 230ft-315ft - Champ Gator
Long Hyzer or flex tunnel shots - 250ft-330ft - Flx Drone
Short hyzer - 80ft-225ft - ProPig
Most versitile, will hold any line I put on it - 100-300ft - DGA AfterShock

Other discs that also work great, just not in my bag right are Millennium QMS, Millennium Q Sentinel, Star Gator (No Bead), DGA Shockwave, Star San Marino Roc.

I've learned that you can throw any disc forehand, you just have to learn to throttle the amount of snap you put on it.

Jeff-

My favorite sidearm midrange is a Vibram Trak.  I have aced a 150 ft hole with one, as well as, deucing several times from 30 ft to 80 ft.  This disc has been a laser for me. 

Before the Trak, I was throwing a CFR Gator. 

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968