www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How come SoCal doesn't add more 1-day tournaments like EIEIO or Sylmar? The cost of getting to the event + lodging, food, etc... for the 2-day events is cost prohibitive to a lot of players. Does it have something to do with PDGA sanctioning? I like the 1-day events; you can play in a tournament, save money, and still have a day to recover b4 work on Monday. It would be nice to see more of them in the tournament schedule.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

SoCal doesn't dictate the format, just that it be singles competition and PDGA sanctioned. TDs usually run the kind of event they like to run, and players are encouraged to go play in them.

If there are not enough of the type of tournaments you like to play in happening, then I encourage you to step up and run one and add it to the SoCal schedule. (It's not that hard to do, but it does take a lot of hard work.) I like both one-day and two-day events, but would love to play in more one-dayers too.

Rhett "TD of EIEIO" Stroh
Yeah I'll 2nd that...with me only being home on average 8 days a month it's really hard for me to say " hey honey i want to be a selfless pig and disapear for 2 day and play in a tournament" and then I wake up with a lump on the back of my head. what are ya crazy LOL
More one day tournaments please!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968