www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The other day I played without music - forgot it at home - for the first time in a while. I had the best round I've had in a long, long time. Do I need to stop listening to music?

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

and what music do you listen to ?
in all honesty, I've only had the pleasure of using my son's ipod on a few occasions. It was ALWAYS the most pleasurable and consistant rounds that I've played. This year at all tournamnets I'll be listening to David Bromberg, The Beatles, Mikel Rouse, Green Day and others from my vinyl collection, once I figure a way to carry the turntable and run it off of batteries. peace
I do agree that listening to music and tossing putts is a great way to spend the morning. Often I'm listening to Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, White Stripes, Old Crow Medicine Show, Dylan, Roger Waters, or any combination of these folks and more. I'm just concerned that I'm getting too into the groove to focus appropriately on the task at hand / in my hand. I bet you could get that turntable and a car battery on one of those carts I see guys toting around. Just have to watch out for the skipping.
Any club that has a Motown 45 as it's emblem is gonna get me to join! Schortie love your song choice. I thought I was the only one who had playlist thay contains OCMS, the Stripes and Miles.
I am a working musician who strongly believes music is life and life is music ,see the club I started Musicians (and Music Lovers) Who Play Disc Golf.
However I don't typically listen to tunes while I'm hiking, skiing or playing DG, it's as if I sometimes need a break. Music so over stimulates me I can't concentrate. Just the other day I tried practice putting with headphones and found I unconsciously tap my foot (a result of years of playing music and keeping time) and it was throwing off my balance. I'm cursed! The upside is I keep very good time, now if I could just keep my drummer from speeding up...
hey there Mr. the Wild Hare - thanks, I think you helped me figure out my game. Even without headphones on, I have music going through my head constantly and just realized, I've been taping my foot to the tunes in my head when I putt also. even though, I'm still planning on getting the i-pod and headphones for occasional use in any upcoming tournaments play just to slightly blur the sound of car horns, dogs barking and any competitors verbal gaming techniques. GO MOTOWN - have you ever played Motown ? I'm not a musician but I always have 10 to 15 string instruments lying around just in case I want to pick one up and try to be a musician. thanks for signing on. peace and godiscn when and where ever you can
I know what you mean about music in your head, at least it drowns out the voices! ha!
LOOOOOVE my ipod, I'd have it surgically implanted if I could! Where I play DG there is seldom if ever other people around, so I don't worry about distractions.
Ive played Motown the city (love the town and music, HATE the sports teams) and Motown the music (currently on the setlist, Jr Walker, Smokey, Marvin and the Temps).
Have you seen Standing In the Shadows of Motown? It's a documentary on the Funk Brothers, the Motown houseband. Absolutely incredible!
PS Killer axe! I'm a singer, harp player but I am admirer of beautiful instruments
The tunes are icing on the cake. The majority of my music is from 1964 to 1970, my Jr. High and High School years, from the Association to the Zombies.
I think the White Stripes and OCMS go on all DGers Playlists!!

I also have a playlist that features songs about flying... Pearl Jam, Tom Petty, and various rap music , for some reason it is my disc golf mix.

Also Pantera, System and Rage Against the Machine are featured heavily on my MP3 player
i like to use a speaker when playing with others. it's more social
The use of personal music normally depends on my mood. If I am in the zone it doesn't matter with without whatever.

If I am in a crabby/pissy/I suck mood then, yea to save the others on my card my attitude I will check out with the jams.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968