www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What are you throwing?

What are you using for a bag?

Tags: Ave, Birdie, Bogey, Class, Disc, Eagle, Frisbee, Golf, Par, Super

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

My small arsenal consists of 2 Zephyrs 156, 184. and a Malibu 110.
I am using a 140 Zephyr for calm condition drives - it goes the farthest...A 157 & 198 Zeph otherwise...Have tried out the Hero 235 for putting, but I like the Zephyr best...(Heavier, thicker plastic topped Hero's I find respond better to torque) Te Moko plastic/design kills my hand - The Pulsar & Ultra Star I found awkward...Although not a wind warrior, my bud can sail a Super Nova way far - It is a super huge disc...For now though, I pack Zeph's only. I am hoping manufacturers will consider "developing" more possibilities...

I use a canvas "messenger bag" for ALL my disc golfing -
It has outside pockets for all my non-disc items - including a long zippered one that a Ozarka bottle fits into perfectly.
Can be slung over one shoulder - or has 2 straps that allow it to also be carried like a backpack...
I thinking about getting a heavier Zephyr up about 197-98. The Malibu may be too small.....looking at it....it is smaller in diameter then the Zephyr and if the Z is the smallest diameter allowed...not sure though.

I'm wondering about the Superstar in Star plastic....it seems like a fast back style would make a good low speed straight line putter.....plus the 110 might be too light for a good putter.

The Zephyr measures 24.1cm, slightly larger than the 23.7cm cutoff diameter -
I play my heavy Zephyr in "regular" disc golf too -
Although I have found Innova's "Polecat to be a rubbery "miniature Zeph"

I haven't totally explored all the available Super Class discs -

I'm thinkin' you might be on the right track considering a "fastback" model putter though -
It's on my list of things to do too...

I know some people would like to see the 119 on the Super Class approved list -
The Snap "Whilter" too...

Yes, 110 is probably too light -

A razor edged "traditional" golf disc at 150 grams is going to have much less trouble with the wind -
Than a 150 Super Class disc.

But that is what makes "Super Class" so appealing -

You have to be much more exacting & calculated - truly "executing" throws -
Throws that are vulnerable to the nuances one must compensate and allow for -
It puts the emphasis on the technical -

Just the fact that Super Class discs are all "straight flyers" -
No built-in instant dogleg curve -

Reliance and the spotlight is on the thrower's abilities & disc mastery...

Let me know how your further adventures fare -

110 Malibu is light....but what a "touch disc" this thing is...it's legal, I measured it carefully then converted to cm....it's right at 23.7...it's the same as the traditional fastbacks. I'm going to find one of those Superstars....Don't see one yet at my usual haunts..will keep looking though.

I'm fixin to open one of those Whamo 50th anniversary sets and start using the 175 ultimate Disc for the water holes..The Zephyrs sink too...lol...ooops!! I got it back..it was on the edge.

The 140 gram sport disc might be a good short range floater...another "touch disc" The remake of the Pluto Platter looks too small... It should have a special exemption....lol..will be checking that...the weight might be light too...gotta weigh it too.
The 175 is 173......The 140 is 139...the Malibu is 107......The Pluto is 105 and 1/4 inch smaller then the Malibu.
A lightning bag will fit all sizes of superclass discs. Even the smaller 235 hero discs will fit in the putter pouches on the outside.....
That's good to know...right now I'm using a "Bucket Buddy Brand" Organizer I had lying around.....it's plenty big enough, has a big flap over the main compartment, a big zippered compartment, smaller pouches, and a shoulder strap. It's made well with heavy duty canvas.
I did get a chance to throw a couple of the Hero Superstars earlier this week....loved'em!!
All you need is a Zephyr........
I use heavy Zephyrs and TE Moko for everything around 195gr, would love to find something I can putt with.
Probably dig out an old Midnight Flyer, used mold100 or something, like the rounded edge compared to the Zephyrs.

The bag is Latitude 64 probag.
Long ago and far away places had those discs from '57 to '81.Played hard,moved around.."musta got lost,somewhere down the line.."

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968