www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hellyer is looking good. I love the clean up work we have done and look forward to losing the giant wood pile. Our biggest issue is the fragile coyote brush. Our course design has heavily relied on coyote bush to create obstacles. We have abused this plant. SO... how do we take care of it? Should we be really proactive and start planting more toyons and trees to create future obstacles? Imagine hellyer with more trees... Imagine hole 2, with those new trees big and the top toyons huge... As a club, we need to really start imagining the future course look and layout... I love this course... Last thought, we need to come up with a community watering schedule... a sharing of the responsibilities to help the course we all play and love...

Tags: Hellyer, plants

Views: 5

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Jef, I'm all for more vegetation at Hellyer. I would love to see some of those holes become more than just "who can chunk it the furthest". If we really want to protect the coyote brush we could add some OB areas to protect them.

Would it be worth while to get an expert on native plants to have a look at Hellyer and offer some suggestions on types of plants and the care required?
You know this is a subject that gets me going. SO look tong in check smiles and hahahaha! now by creating out of bounds does NOT stop the disc from going into the bushes. look at all the local course's and see what is proven ....poles and nets in front of the bush will keep the discs out look at what was done on hole #8 three trees and poles and look as of now no problem. Anouther item...As I walk around hellyer I can count on every tree and every big bush at least two branches and or twigs that will put a eye out if the person is not paying attention. last year I had a older new guy lets call him Tree, tell me that if we cut down a big branch off the tree on hole #1 it would make for a great neg shot around the trees. I told him we disc golfers dont cut trees or bushes that they are what create a challening hole he stated ok fine. Last week a local was not mentally prepaired if you know what I mean hit his head on that very limb and was told by our 2 board of directors to go ahead and cut the branch down while nobody was around.what the hell how does this help us keep the cource challenging. If we our selves cant do it how do we get other people to do it.
Pissed and done!!
\ -BILL-

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968