www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

James Brennan and I have been talking about getting a group of people together some Sunday morning, each bringing a basket, at various parks in the bay area throwing down a temporary safari course. Maybe try out Perry's Hill to get a feel for where we might lay out that course when the time comes.

So, who's up for this? Bring your Mach Lite, Skill Shot, whatever...

Tags: bay area, perry's hill, safari, svdgc

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds very cool. Manny and I have been doing that for a while now. Don't get caught at Perry's hill just yet. It's still considered trust passing.
Didn't realize that Perry's Hill was currently off-limits. There's a nice area behind Evergreen Valley College (rolling hills with hiking trails) that used to be used for glider experiments back in the 1890's. Easy to get to and we could set up a pretty challenging course.
I've been thinking of contacting Elish and asking her about Perry's Hill, just to get an idea of the exact area being proposed for the course, where they're planning on putting the vistor center, roads, bathrooms, etc.

Seems it may still be too early for this. I can send her an email to "feel her out", so to speak.

I'm, of course, up for the spontaneous safari thing any time I can get away, but it's usually only Sunday's I'm free during the winter. When summer rolls around, evenings should be ok too. I'd like to check out the spot Mike has in mind behind Evergreen and also any place else that seems promising. I'm tempted to say Anderson Park seems promising, but am concerned about picnickers and issues with the Parks Department. The last thing we want to do is create any sort of adversarial relationship with them, as they have the potential to be a great ally.
It's probably a bit far south for most people anyway.

Bill:
What sort of places have you and Manny tried? Can you guys get away on any Sundays?

- JPB
Kelly Park! San Jose, Ca... technical and long... I have done it before with only one basket... changing it each hole, but supa fun...

anyone game?
I'd like to try Kelly Park sometime.
I have 3 Skill Shots. I think some others that are members of this club have some real baskets too.

I'd also like to add that there's some open space directly behind my house we could probably set up at least 6 holes on sometime, maybe 9 if we do it right.

- JPB

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968