www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Over the past weekend mike talked with a gal from east park dist. we need some ideas on fundraisers and what you guys want to see as for the course layout...as i am sure you all know I am looking for a very long course sine we don't have much of that in the bay area...let me know what you guys think!!!

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Do any of you guys know the parks in the East Bay Regional Parks district? Have any thoughts on where a new course could be installed? With all of the biking, horseback riding, hiking, etc. we would need to find an appropriate site that is also large enough to accomodate a course. We need to pick a site before submitting a proposal.
del valle in livermore or redwood park in oakland/san leandro or mission trails in fremont or quary lakes in fremont.

come on guys we need some help with this...

also who is good w/the politics of city or worse the state funded park districts???
My suggestion (which I relayed to Mike) is to take this to a bigger audience via the [disc] list that is the primary list for the SF Disc Golf Club -- http://www.sfdiscgolf.org/clubinfo/mailinglist.html

There are folks on that list who have written proposals to have courses installed in parks and a bunch of enthusiastic people who I'm sure would love to help with something like this.

Matt
We could create some kind of a sponsorship package where a certain amount a company could sponsor a tee pad and a basket and maybe get some kind of a plaque or something.

I'm open to asking my company.
Check out this Bishop Ranch spot. I have been up there once and there is lots of room.
http://www.ebparks.org/parks/bishop#trailmap

Also, the ridge in Pleasanton would be perfect. It is like Novato terrain up there, and right off Foothill road. This would be the best spot in my opinion.
http://www.ebparks.org/parks/pleasanton#activities
GREG IS RIGHT PLEASONTON RIDGE IS PROBABLY OUR BEST BET FOR PROPERTY BUT THERE IS A LOT OF ACTIVITIES GOING ON THERE. CROSS COUNTRY RACES , A LOT OF EQUESTRIAN STUFF AND MOUNTAIN BIKERS AND HIKERS .... TO SUM IT UP ...THERE IS A LOT OF GROUPS TO CONVINCE...JUST A THOUGHT WE SHOULD LOOK INTO SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE TOO MUCH GOING ON TODAY...
Pleasanton's too hot in the summer. We should take a cruise down redwood road, skyline, grizzly peak, etc... There's "par courses" along these roads where you can jog and do pull-ups - we need to figure out if they're actually used.
There are two ball golf courses in the EBPRD, Tilden and Willow Park. We could check out the areas around the courses, just outside of the buffer zones. Since there is already parking, probably bathrooms, water etc. the amenities would be in place. Lots of disc golf is found near ball golf these days.

I kinda nixed Redwood park, at least in the trail areas. The website asks people to stay on the trails, not to go near the creek, etc. Doesn't seem great. If there were an area of Redwood that would work it would be great. Some of the views from the ridge are priceless.
Somewhere with elevation..and water..like Temescal in Oakland or Tilden in Berkeley..then again Sunol has waterfalls...that would be cool..
Just checked out Willow Park on the map and the ball course is shaped like a V with (I think) a ridge in-between which is plenty big enough for a disc golf course and adjacent to the parking lot.
Ty, we are of one mind. Ok that's not very comforting. But I saw the same V. And the parking.

Quick rundown of what my now bleeding eyes found on google maps:
Pleasanton Ridge pros: Good parking, water, space(4000 acres total) cons: the flyer says intentionally left undeveloped to preserve pleasant atmosphere of park. FORE!
Bishop Ranch pros: apparently nobody uses this place. Cons: there is nothing to use-limited parking, no water, bathrooms, etc.
Leona pros: open space cons: not enough info, but parking somewhat limited, no water, bathrooms
Anthony Chabot pros: parking, bathrooms, water, etc. cons: a bunch of pissed off ball golfers weilding clubs
Cull Canyon: Shallowaloe may update us on this
Others: Tilden, Redwood, Del Valle, Sunol, ???
This is really preliminary, but we need to find out whether any of these sites will work. I've only seen them from outer space. Feel free to visit one of these parks soon. We'll have daylight next week. Think of the 1st tee and 18th basket being relatively close (2/10 mile or less) to the parking lot.
Okay, have checked out A. Chabot next to Willow Glen golf course...not gonna happen. I walked about .5 miles up the trail without finding anyting suitable. EBRPD signs tell hikers not to park there either. Parking is 1/4 mile down the road.

Marciel Gate(A. Chabot) was kind of cool... There is enough space for 9-12 holes that I could see. More if some brush is removed, as it goes along a ridge. But it was in the middle of nowhere. And on a fire trail. Probably not good. Saw some deer, though.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968