www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys,

The season has begun. We're doing $2 Tuesdays and $5 Thursdays as usual. Start time 6:30

Questions:

Who's in favor of adding a buck for an Ace Pool?

Is everyone happy with the current playoff format? CTP is still 8 to 4 if there isn't enough daylight.

Tags: Chabot, Doubles, Weekly

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I like the idea of an ace pool.

Would it be required?

Who would keep the bank? That same person would need to keep track of who is in and who is out each session if it's not required.

8 to 4 definitely favors a team with someone who can throw long. I'm fine with it, but I'm interested in hearing other suggestions.
I like the idea of an ace pool, but I share Matt's concerns about keeping track of things.

What about matching half the pot on an anti-ace?
The park should be open until 8pm starting this week
Comment by Cowboy on March 27, 2008 at 11:36pm
Late arrivals bring home the bacon.

With an earlier start time than normal. I showed up and tossed a disc but was told I was playing California. Then "Boom" Jonah showed up and was my partner. Jonah tossed one close on #1 but I tossed one closer. He drained the bird putt. We bounced back and forth, drilling drives and draining bird puts. We managed a par on 5 long. After that, Birdy train baby to finish an 8 under on 9 holes for the Big Bucks!
Congrats to Alaw and Cowboy for their recent Aces on short 9. Nice going guys!
For those of you who missed it, Jesse's drive on short 9 found a pretty unique resting place.
Attachments:
Okay guys,

Summer is over. Big time. We will resume the Tues/Thurs. doubles next year. Clocks change March 8th!!!

There will be some changes next year. We may be doing handicapped singles one of the two days. The main focus of the singles will be to inspire more people to come out every week, in addition to giving everyone a chance to win. Our turnout hasn't changed in a couple of years. Adopting an SF-type format would probably be best, as people can start anytime within a certain time frame.

Some doubles tees will be moved in an effort to bring scores closer to par (like, only 10 down instead of 15).
A and B pools for doubles remain a possibility.

Anyone want to do a monthly doubles/singles thing until March? Let me or Jesse know.
I think that A-Pool, B-Pool thing would be pretty smart -- and maybe base it on singles averages? That would mean a couple of weeks would be dedicated to establishing averages, of course.

Neil Bondy has a spreadsheet that auto-calculates handicaps based on scores over the season etc. I think he may have shared it with SF. Let me know if you need a copy and I'll see what I can do.

As far as Chabot over the winter -- since there are weeklies and monthlies all over the place every weekend, I probably won't make many.

Moving the tees sounds cool. Though that would definitely lengthen the amount of time it would take to play.

I know we traditionally start at 6:30 because of people's work schedules -- but 6pm might be a little easier to squeeze in more holes -- till we can actually finish 18 starting at 6:30.

Just brainstormin'.

MK
sounds great matt. If you could get the handicap from neal that would keep me from creating one on excel or something...
Jesse: private message me your email address and I'll get it over to you.

Nice shooting this weekend, btw. Kicked my ass all over the place.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968