www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Personally I put with a Star Classic Roc - but these are only tournament discs and are hard to get a hold of. I find this disc to have a medium stability and great grip. This disc is personally responsable for the best putting of my life, and since it has been in the bag, putting in the wind has been a beeze (um, bad pun I know). I also won my first pro tourney since putting with a Classic Roc.

The champion classic roc is very stable and is one of my main approach discs. For backhands and sidearms alike, this disc goes where I want it.

I also have a stack of DX discs that make appearences now and then. They are stable as well, almost more stable than their champion counterparts.

I haven't thrown pro in a while and currently don't have any.

Which plastic do you use and how has it improved your game?

Tags: approach, champ, classic, dx, putt, roc, star

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

DX @ 170-172 grams...

120' and in... unless it is an upshot or I am pitchin' straddle style within 20' then I switch to the DX Polecat.

I have 12 DX Classic Rocs in the practice stack... you could say I am committed to them...
A champion classic roc is my go-to disc for everything mid range. I love this disc! I mainly throw it forehand, but I also use it to go around trees and park it at the pin backhand too.
I like the DX, max weight 175. The older ones from about 9 to 10 years ago were the best..a little more dome and definitely stiffer. The newer versions are way to soft for any kind stability for me, so generally I use them for mid and short turnovers and putting...one good thing about the softness is now they can stick in the side of the basket.
dx i love my all purpose 165 old as the hills but i can hyzer flip it all day long and it is a great straight aproach shot disc and turn overs the champion tends to be hard to grip.
I've been putting with Pro Classic Roc but have recently acquired a couple of Star CFR Classic Roc. I really have liked the Star for its grip and predictability. I still have a ton of Pro plastic and several Champion. I purchased all I could when I heard they were going to discontinue them. I'm very happy Innova decided to do CFR in star plastic and not let this great disc die off in popularity. All hale the Classic Roc!
cool, i started forehandin this disc too, also a dx roc
I have a KC Pro, DX, and a Star Classic Roc, I only use the classic one as I like it better....it just feels better in my hand.

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968