www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Thought it would be cool to see if anyone has any good stories about their experiences with the Sun King, Mike Barnett.
Personally, when I started playing disc golf again sometime in 2003 (I have played since 1978, but just for fun and occasionally, I joined the PDGA, and started playing in a few tournaments in 2004) I had no idea what was going on in the sport. A friend of mine gave me a Champion Valkyrie and a putter ... I had never seen a "modern" disc, I had always just played with Frisbees. I was amazed at how it flew and immediately hooked on the sport. I haven't looked back since.
I remember finding the Sun King site and thinking how cool it was that you could order these awesome discs online. You have to know I live in the mountains of Colorado ... way up in the mountains. We don't have any "disc golf" shops up here. So buying online was my only option to get the discs I wanted.
Mike Barnett at Sun King and I talked quite a bit in those days. He was very helpful and answered the enormous amount of questions I had about discs and disc golf. Over the years I've bought quite a few discs from Mike and he's always made sure I got something extra.
Mike has also done some personal favors for my family members when they were looking for the "special" disc gift for me. I can safely say I have all those discs ... some hang on my wall, and some in the bag.
I've always been happy dealing with Sun King and can honestly say I've never been disappointed with any product I've received from them.

On a personal note, Mike has offered to put me up at his house every year since the Players Cup started ... Maybe I'll make it this year!

John McMullen | Team Sun King

Tags: Barnett, Mike, sunkingdiscs.com

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

yeh sunking rocks ! they hooked me up with my two flx drones when they came out and many others.
I won the CTP here in disgolfers and got $25 from sunking. I loved the selection this store offers and i will buy from them again. I got 4 disc, 3 stickers, ript revenge all for 55 bucks! great deals on disc i could not find locally!
Hey all, Given that I just went by Sunking's location here in Sarasota for my first visit to an actual shop soon, I thought I'd join and get a newer Comment on here. Cheers!

~ Todd

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968