www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So we obviously haven't hit the ace yet, but any close calls?

I play at Morley Field in San Diego. I've hit the flag and the basket on hole 16 position B. And splashed out a thumber on hole 13 position A and B. Thought all four were going in for sure. I've only been playing for 7 months though. My buddy just hit his 1st ace after 10 years without one. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

l have had alot of close calls about a year ago I was throwing a hole about 230 and the basket is right behind 3 trees I threw low and flat whith a little hyzer and a overstable disc disc was looking good then right at the tree line It started to cut in CHING I here chains slam but couldnt see in the basket started to run untill I could see my disc right below the basket damn!! spit out again and it looked so good! I almost would have ratherd hit the trees and still got the birdie a birdie is a birdie but a spit out ace sucks
i have a buddy that's been playing for over a decade and has never got one either. hes a good player and has come very close many times. its kind of sad, i feel bad for the guy,last year was my first year without one. i couldn't imagine that happening ten years in a row! i would be crushed, absolutely no will to live left.definitely if i had to hear about my buddies hitting one on the same courses i play every other week. but once he gets one we will celebrate it like no ace has ever been celebrated!

after not having one last year i have a new appreciation for the ones i have got and will get. almost had 2 in a nine hole course 2 years ago. i had one go in, hit the bottom of the basket, and come right back out, what a freak of physics! hit one 6 holes later on a tougher hole.

keep hukin guys, you'll get one! and it may be the greatest day of your lives :)
I just missed one by about a couple feet yesterday. I'll try the same disc again until I get it, should be sometime this year (calling it).
Still nothing... but IT IS WINDY here. I do believe that March sucks for playing disc golf!
I had a pretty close call last weekend @ Willow Run in Wisconsin Rapids. Hole #6... yeah, the short one. Anyway, I throw my Roc, and it's dead on. Headed straight for chains! It just needed to edge by the only tree in the way, a relatively young oak that leans across the fairway. Alas, I graze the tree just enough to throw my dis off and miss the basket completely. Talk about bummed.
At Rolling Hills in Ypsilanti I have hit, gone right over and right under the basket on holes 12 & 13 quite a few times. Although I have missed the ace It has allowed me to grab Dirty Dollars once with a mob of 8 of us once. At least it payed for me beer on the course that day
3 days ago I hit the bottom section of the pole (underneath the basket). 2 feet higher and it would have been my first ace. Funny thing about it was that it hit the pole so hard that it knocked it back towards me about 25 feet or so. Still made the birdie though. The hole was about 230'ish.
In the last month I've had two near Aces. One was at hole #3 at Dexter near Eugene in Oregon, it's a short downhill shot, but there are a lot of small trees in the way. I took an Element (made by Gateway) and backhanded it a foot over the top of the basket.

The second near Ace was at Whistler's Bend down by Roseburg, Oregon. Funny... Now that I think about it, the shot was down hill AND the hole number was #3 (curious coincidence, I guess I like downhill shots). This time the hole was much longer so I used my beaten-up Raging Inferno (much straighter when worn, made by Quest) and sidearmed it. The shot went down and hit the ground which lifted its nose, went airborn again, skimmed the ground (3 or 4 feet in the air) for about 60 feet, hit the ground again and popped up in the air and leap frogged over the basket. It landed 6 feet on the other side of the basket. This is pretty vivid in my mind since it just happened yesterday.

So in short, I didn't get any Aces, but I like Deuces as well.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968