www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many disc golfers are there? Are you a "golfer" if you play twice a year? Are you a disc golfer if you play twice a year? How many disc golf rounds are played in a year? How many rounds does the average disc golfer play a year? How many rounds does the average PDGA member play in a year? Does anyone who has ever played disc golf count as a disc golfer?

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

i think you become a disc golfer when you own a disc golf disc, regardless of how often you play. I've been bowling but i'm not a bowler. I am a casual disc golf player but probably average 72- 90 holes per month (New Jersey winters included) for the past 2 years. I would guess that there are at least 2 non pdga members every memeber if not a 10:1 ratio. I would further guess that best way to extrapolate the number of disc golfers would be to take a sample average of the number discs owned by say 1000 or 10,000 "disc golfers" then compare that to number of discs sold in a given time period. my 2 cents.
Hey, Rev, I think the number is way more than 10:1. Look at it this way. There are more than 2,000 courses in the US. At most there are 12,000 PDGA members. Which means 6 PDGA members for every course. Now, how many more than 6 people play each course? Hmm.
i play at least 3 to 4 rounds each week and that is on a slow week i would play every day around 36 holes in my perfect world but unfortunetly that isnt going to happen. But i believe that to be called a discgolfer and not some one who plays discgolf you have to be good or at least dedicated not just your average joe disc golfer ya know what im sayin.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968