www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what exactly is with this disc? i got one from the Jersey Jam this past summer, never threw until a couple weeks ago and i love the disc. lil more predictable then my DX roc.

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

The ontario is more domy than others making it "straighter" or less stable right out of the box than others good for tail winds or slight anny shots will become flippy sooner than your DX or KC pros. I dont throw this mold as it is to much dome for my liking I just beat up KCs and DXs. I point beginners or less powerful throwers towards them for the easier controll. Hope this helps.
It is funny how the Ontario was rehabilitated. Back in '95, it was the disc that ruined the Roc. Serious players hated them because they flipped too easily and they seemed to be a lot more inconsistent than the San Marino’s. San Marino’s would beat in and fly straight with a predictable fade at the end, and they would stay that way for a long time. You could throw one with a little hyzer into the wind and be confident that it would not flip. Throwing an Ontario into the wind was close to a religious experience, as it involved a lot of praying. When the Ontario came out, guys would look through a stack of Rocs hoping to find an overlooked San Marino. When the Rancho came out, the Ontario’s sat around because nobody wanted them.

Then after they were OOP for five or six years, people started paying $ 50.00 on ebay for an Ontario. I really don't know why, but they seem to be popular now. I guess people suddenly needed a midrange that would flip.
As a newer player, I like the Ontario because it flies so straight! I started with a Rancho and still use it for up-shot where I want it to hook at the end, or into a head wind. This last Sunday at the LSDiscs Mighty Shunga Open it was very windy. I threw an up-shot into the wind with my Rancho, it was fling out straight and level looking good, when the wind hit it, it flipped over and over and over! It looked like an airplane doing rolls as it dives into the ground. Never saw a disc do that before.
The Ontario Roc is the least stable of all the Rocs. Beat it in and it makes an extremely nice turnover disc.
I just got got a star ontario today and yea it flies alot like my super old kc but damn i love that star grip!

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968