www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am still in mourning over cracking my last throwable 8x Roc a couple months ago. She had been in my bag for years. She will be missed dearly.

I have a mint Orange 8x in my collection, so tempted to throw it. Decisions Decisions

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I've lost a couple of Rocs in the last two years that almost made me cry. A few years ago, I found a perfectly broken in 8x KC Roc on our home course CMC Glenwood Springs hole #1. It was just buried in a tree, and I spotted it while playing. Believe it or not, it didn't have a name or number on it. I used it for over a year and then it just disappeared from my bag! I have no idea if I lost it playing or in the practice field. I just hope someone finds it and uses it. It was awesome! And yes, I did have my name and number on it. No calls.

Just after Colorado States in '07, I returned home and upon opening my bag to check it, I found that an old, old DX Roc I had been given by someone was cracked in half. It was an old school DX, the hard plastic, and was broken in to the most perfect turnover midrange I have ever thrown. It was a sad day indeed.

If you decided not to throw the Orange 8x KC ... I would advise asking around the PDGA community to see if you can pick up one that has been used or that someone wants to sell for a reasonable price. A little over a year ago, I posted such a request on the PDGA message board. Justin Jernigan had a few 8x and some 10x he was letting go for much less than ebay prices. I picked up quite a few discs from him at that time and happy I did! Thanks JJ!
I hate losing good plastic, knowing that it will never come back. Its a shame.

Thanks for the advice on picking up some good rocs, I'm always on the lookout.

Got my orange 8x for $60 bucks two years ago. Can you say "bargain"!
Buy it a dress...LMAO
Why not throw it. after losing the 8x on hole 12 and cracking your other 8x a couple of months ago. 2 wrongs dont make a right..........but three lefts do. Does that make sense to you?
I disagree put that thing on the wall B4 it number 3 that ends in horror or you could sell it to me and itd be safe with the rest of my wall Rocs. It's a part of history and a rare one that should be kept not thrown. Or you could make some good money and put it on ebay. I just saw a clear 01 Roc the bid is over $1000 and climbing INSANE
My condolences for your loss. It's like getting socked in the stomach. Maybe the Order should start a therapy group for lost or broken Rocs. "Hi my name is Nitegolfer and I have been without my prized Roc for 67 days now." We could exchange coping mechanisms and tell stories of happier times. Maybe "ROC Anonymous" would be a good name.

Anyway, I find it hard to keep rocs on the wall and I would suggest just keeping it there unless you can find a replacement. Eiether way it is a win win situation. My rule of thumb with my older Rocs is that I do not throw them when it is less than 60 degrees outside. I live in the South and throw different Rocs during colder weather because I've had to find or help find the larger piece of a busted Roc too many times in a tournament.
I feel for you, did you put ur orange one in there?
I too have just lost two ole friends. Both on the same hole during the same tournament in Daytona a few weeks back. One was replaceable but the other was a beat in white Classic that I could throw up and out and it would turn over and glide like a champ. Used it all the time, been in the bag for years.
Any Daytona people find any white classic roc in the small pond on hole 15, let me know. I drudged that thing for 30 minutes after the round and only found 6 other discs (that i turned in) but not either of mine. "-(
If you do not throw it. Vacuum seal it up forever.
The disc will simply start to crumble and dry rot slowly a 'painful' death never knowing the true purpose of the flight for the 'ace' it seeks.

Profound enough!
Tough decision.
Stay thirsty my friends! Oh that's something different all together.

I had my Black Original San Marino Roc ( 180 grams ) stolen from me. Had a Silver Big Bird Stamp. Now I throw these Super Rocs.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968