www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Allright I/m the first to join! Rightly so, this is the first course I ever played, and the home of my first (and so-far lone) Ace. I also know (have hit) most every tree out there! Woodtick lives on in infamy!

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

welcome my friend - now invite 1000's of your fellow disc golfing or wood chopping friends
New to disc golf and looking to learn more. Any ideas on who to contact in the area? or what leagues are available to join? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Welcome Mark,
The Freeland course has a Spring/Summer league on Thursday nights that is very informal. 6:00 is the usual summer time start, earlier in the Spring and Fall. Whoever shows up puts in $5 and we flip discs to partner up. We then play a round of doubles, which is like a "best ball" in stick golf. An 18 hole round takes a little under 2 hours. Prize money is paid back at the end of the round, depending on how many people are playing, it can pay as deep as 3rd or 4th place. Usual turnout on a nice summer day is 15-25 players. A lot (most) of the guys that play the Freeland league also play Wed nights in Midland. There is also a Tues night league in Mt. Pleasant. As for right now, several guys are playing a Sun morning league (10:00am), and alternating between Midland and Freeland 2 weeks ea. If you just want to play open, I usually play Sat at (9:30) with a couple other guys at Freeland. I've only been playing about 4 years myself, but found leagues and playing with others is the best way to learn and the most fun!
Guy Gill
hey now,when I make the journey to Michigan I'll check this course and others as a must play.Peace,mr ed

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968