www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm running my first A-Tier All Pro Tournament this year, and I was wondering what to do for the Players Package. Do Pro's actually care about players packages? or would they rather that money go into the Purse?

I was thinking that the majority of Pro Players could care less about a disc for a players package, so I was thinking I would maybe get a long sleeve shirt or a flex fit hat and try to work out a deal with a local sub shop for a free sub for lunch on the Saturday of the tournament.

I'd definitely love to hear from some of you on what you think. I've never done a tournament where it was just all Pro's.

Thanks in advance.

Fritz
Vice President
Grand Valley Disc Golf Club
PDGA #26702
Play Smart. Keep It Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM!

Tags: Planning, Tournament

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I give the Pros a player's package and provide lunch as well. Only 1 pro has ever said they would rather have the money than the player pack. I often threaten not to give player's packs to pros that register after a certain date. I usually have five or six call me after that date and beg to get a player's package.

The only bad part about giving player packs is the PDGA does not recognize it as Pro Payout. Last year the 2007 So Cal Championships awarded over $12,000 to the Pros, but the PDGA says it was only $8,000. Last year's player pack included custom stamped tourney disc (Pro Destroyer) embroidered polo shirt and custom minis. Plus there was a lunch that included Tri-Tip Steak with all the fixin's.

Another event here in So Cal gave the Am players discs and stuff and all the pros got was an awesome custom hoodie.
Thanks for the feedback. I've come up with the idea of giving a players package that includes a shirt, a freestyle lid with the tournament stamp on it and lunch.

I still want to hear back from what other people do for their tournaments.
Thanks.
Absolutely, in fact I picked a tournament over another because of the fact I received lunch both days. It was the same amount of distance for me to travel to either and the deciding factor was that the other gave lunch both days.
I'm definitely going to do my best to find a meal sponsor for the tournament.
Give everybody something.
Long after the tournament is over, each player will and do appreciate it.
It makes all feel welcome.
A Pro player pack does not count toward the pro purse but it does count toward the pro value to make or exceed the PDGA minimum.
I am not a PRO in fact i am a pretty crappy AM. Our club has run Worlds (92,00) NT's, and A tiers over the years. and when i ask the PRO's they don't seem to care for the players packs they would much rather see more money in the Purse. We don't deduct from the PRO's any player packs we have given them. Sure you may not deduct from the PROs the value of the Player pack but unless it was completely donated you are spending money that you could add to the PRO Purse and make them happier. I try to talk to the a sampling of the players at all my events about various things i only know a few PRO's who appreciate Players packs or the stuff we give them. Most of them would rather not even have a trophy, just give them more money!
I have only been TD'ing events for like 4 years i think so i am not the most skilled but i like to talk so i ask questions and i know some of the history of our club, 20th anniversary for us this year.
I for one am all about the Trophies. I feel they are great conversation pieces and offer much more than cash. Yah I know your going to say that it's all about the bottom line. I somewhat disagree. I would rather pay $50 to $75 for a nice trophy and take the pay cut. It will pay dividends in the future for story telling. I have about 50 trophies and can walk down memory lane just by looking on the walls. It's pretty cool in my opinion. You can make cash doing anything, this is America. If your in Disc Golf just for the money than your missing the whole point of the game....Peace

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968