www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

here is my question I have always used a pre-registration website for tournament sign ups, but it never fails I get one or two calls asking to mail or hand deliver. I personally do not like to accept those simply for the fact it is more work on my part, keep up with the check write down the info transfer it to the computer, go to the bank.
what are you policies on this matter?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

how about a earlier pre-registration deadline for people who want to pay by check? maybe one to two months ahead of the usual pre-reg deadline. and of course, cash all the checks a few days after that deadline. you can always include more and more bonuses for earlier payment, like three extra throws at the basket toss for every month ahead that you pre-reg and pay in full.

i personally don't mind taking checks for pre-reg. would be a good idea to post on the main tourney info site the rules for payment, such as "cash only at the event... no checks to pay for anything."
Pre- reg is always my preference, but I've always had checks coming in the mail. That's fine with me. With the caveat that all checks must be recieved at least 7-10 days prior to the event (so that they can be cashed ahead of time). Get them all together and take them to the bank in one lump. Never accept checks the day of the tourney though (that'll bite ya in the ass sooner or later), but cash on the barrell is always good! IMO
Hey Brian,

Our club has a treasurer who isn't the TD. He takes the mail-ins and any pre-tournament-in-hand stuff and treats it like the pre-reg folks. He sends an email telling me who signed up and what division. And since the pre-reg checks get mailed to him --- all the money is in the same place. No worries.

In other words it is easy to find team members smarter than me --- the bar isn't set too high.

Ron Pittman
right know i do not take mailed or hand deliverd registrations simply because being the TD i do not have a treasury person handling the the money( which is probably my fault). i usually use a website registration and then the day of registration less money to deal with plus less chance of info getting drop through the cracks. i have allowed the local guys on one day usually the monthly scramble to sign up with me and pay cash or check but it is a one day deal, if you are not there and cannot get you money there, you miss out. i sound like a hard a-- -- don't i?
We always accept hand delivered and/or mailed in addition to on-site signups. Yes, it is a bit more trouble but, as hard as it is to believe, not everyone has access to the Internet. The emphasis here is "Pre-Reg". We difinitely don't accept registration the day of the event. That causes chaos. Just make sure that you announce your event far enough in advance that no one is rushed. It benefits you and your players. With the economy the way that it is, some people have to do some saving and budget balancing to come up with the entry fee. And make sure that your deadline for registration is at least five days ahead of the event. This prevents people from showing up and saying that they mailed their check and why don't you have their entry.
Everyone hit is correctly, we have a cut-off days in advance to allow the checks to clear for The Orlando Open. And on the Fabulous Florida Tour, we now have a NO day-of registration policy. Enough of the events get full every year that we have moved to(wards) this policy. It is great for TD's as there is no morning of registration. And we all know how that slows the entire starting process. But you need to let people pay however they can. Many still have issues with the safety of internet sales and some do not have computer access.
mark

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968